Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

We are half way through the week! I'm up way too early but just can't get back to sleep-I hate when that happens!:bloodshot:Think I'll be needing some caffeine this morning!

We are going to a Major League baseball game today with our students. Everyone is very excited including me. I have a great group and lots of wonderful parents going so it should be a great time (cold though, another day with the highs not getting out of the 40s):)

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

Sharon--hope you have a great time at the baseball game. What an exciting school trip.

I just finished my workout (improved my running time! Yay!), and I'm about to get ready to go into the office. We had a massive flood in our office building about 2 weeks ago and my office was right in the path of the water. The downside of being just down the hall from the elevator shaft and washrooms I suppose. Fortunately I had my work laptop and documents at home so they weren't damaged, and I was able to keep working from my home office. Today, they are temporarily relocating me to another building. It's an office tower I've worked in before and it's much closer to home than my regular location so I don't mind at all. I'm looking forward to catching up with colleagues in that building that I haven't seen for a while. And there's a fabulous Thai restaurant across the street so I might just give myself a treat and buy lunch today.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Trinity

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- enjoy the game and stay warm! Brr!

Trinity- Enjoy your new office... I love Thai!

Today is day 3 of working in the cafeteria... it really is my least favorite place to work in the school. They had spaghetti tacos on the menu yesterday. Blech! Today is pasta and sauce... that'll be messy! :hammer: Later, I take Duckie to swim.

Have a great day! :salute:

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon, Enjoy the baseball game!!!

Trinity, Way To Go on improving your running time!!! I love Thai food too - Wish I could join you...

TM, Hope you haven't had to take too many ibuprofen this week during cafeteria duty. I give you lots of credit - I don't think I could handle it. What are spaghetti tacos?

Today is supposed to rain. Now it is just cool and overcast. I'm not motivated enough to go for a jog in this weather. I have lots of errands and running around to do today before picking difficult child 2 up after school.

Hope everyone has a great day!!! SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all.
with-O how fun to go to a baseball game. I'm not impressed with the weather though. You guys are hardy and wear warm clothes. LOL. I love to go to a baseball game even though I barely follow the teams. Something about being outside and the sort of relaxed atmosphere. Not to mention the hot dogs and beer.

Trinity, how funny that a flood is working out ok for you. Good news about the running time.

TM, yuck about the spaghetti tacos. The cafeteria is always an interesting place. I always got to see the kids throw away the healthy things that they were supposed to eat.
Brings back some fun memories though.

I'm having my other eye corrected today. I should be contact lens, glasses free by tonight. I have to wear readers for at least two weeks and maybe longer. I shouldn't have a problem anymore with distance vision for driving. My left eye was 20/20 the first day after the surgery. I'm hoping for the same today on the right eye.
Wish me luck. : )

Have a good day. Our brief few days of spring are supposed to heat up again. Not much sign of rain yet. It's been a while.

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies,

Sharon, I hate those mornings I can't get back to sleep! By now you are at school and I hope the day is GREAT!

Trinity, glad you didn't loose your work in the flood! I love Thai - that's what we had for Mother's Day! Enjoy your lunch.

TM, cafeteria duty was my least favorite of all the volunteering I did over the years too! Opening endless ketstup packets, and milk containers, and cleaning up messes and the noise......have fun!

SFR, hope you can get all those errands accomplished before difficult child pick up - your day sounds like mine but most of my running around will be at the house!

Fran, good luck with the eye surgery today! I think difficult child wants to come to the "parade" on Saturday!

Another house day here. Got one big mess to clean up - I'll put this as delicately as possible - I came downstairs this morning and walked over near Spot's crate and said, "You stink!" Then I realized it was because he had gotten sick several times over the night and was kinda in the middle of it! So, prior to my first cup of coffee this morning I was outside hosing off the dog and the kennel with my pink surgical gloves on! Good Morning! I'm going to clean and disinfect the area his crate lives in as well as some other household things today.

I am soooooooooo late on my plantings this year. I've yet to even mulch my garden around the patio or hang my ferns or plant my tomatoes! The kids and I were going to do it on Mother's Day but we were lazy and hung out and watched movies all day. At some point this week I have to get that done!

Hope your day is smooth..........

Sharon :peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, folk. I'm running late today (tonight), a lot of work to do.

It's been colder today, starting to feel like winter at last. It will be warming up a little for a few days, but we're going to Canberra over the weekend so we'll REALLY feel the cold then!

Our federal government brought out their budget yesterday. It's still a deficit budget but they have forecast a return to a surpus budget three years sooner than expected.
Today's headline showed a caricature of our Prime Minister with the headline, "Honey, I shrunk the Deficit!" (now will you re-elect me?)

Clever.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg