Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

I'm up way too early (woke up when husband went to boot camp and can't get back to sleep) for the busy day ahead. This morning easy child/difficult child and I will drop off Ella at the kennel and then head to eye doctor appts. husband will take difficult child to register for school.

After that I'm headed into school and meeting a bunch of my former and current students who are going to help me unpack (since I had to move rooms it's much more than usual) and I'm going to treat them to pizza.

Then it's home to pack as we are leaving for Michigan tonight through Sunday. It will be a lot of fun but I'm not looking forward to the drive (hopefully I'll squeeze in a nap before we leave).

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope the unpacking & drive go well. Get that nap!

I have another easy day... I need to return a pair of shoes that didn't fit and try to find a rental viola for Duckie. And that's it!

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, what a good idea to get the students to help you get organised! get some rest and enjoy your trip to Michigan.

TM, I hope you can find the right viola for Duckie. Good luck with returning the shoes.

We had a fairly quiet day today. I couldn't get difficult child 3 up this morning. He was angry when I finally did wake him, said, "Why didn't you bang on my door?"
"Son - I banged hard on the door. Over and over."
"oh..."

I had my hairdresser appointment at 10 am. Nice and local, no need to go to the mainland. She's been working on my hair for 18 months, ever since I saw myself in difficult child 1's wedding photos and decided it was time to get a professional to work on my hair. So two and a half hours later, my hair looked a lot better. No more skunk stripe, just lots of highlights in what is increasingly looking light brown/blonde. The highlights are my own natural grey, growing out (dis)gracefully. It works so well, I can get away with only going to the hairdresser every four months.

I also rang to organise a fitting for my partial prosthesis. Talking to mother in law about it tonight was interesting - she was initially saying, "Why bother about it? You look fine, I wouldn't have thought you'd need any prosthesis."
The thing is - I know the surgeon didn't take much, but she took enough of my boob that I'm about two cup sizes smaller, and it bothers me. Some of my outfits look a little wonky to me, and the neckline skews a little to one side. I want to be able to wear bras that fit in both cups, not bulge on one side and have room with a view on the other. I know mother in law doesn't mean to knock my confidence, but I'm realising lately especially, that she is feeling very out of control and offering advice makes her feel more involved. The trouble is, she doesn't necessarily know anything about what she is advising, or even feel strongly about it. She just needs to sound confident in herself, and her opinion can shift like the wind, just as long as she feels she sounds confident and useful to us. I have to learn to stand my ground more; I've given way far too much lately than is good for me, and really, it doesn't matter to her as much as I've believed.

Tomorrow is another quiet day. I have a fair bit of paperwork to deal with but otherwise don't need to go anywhere. I'll be glad of a quiet day. husband picked up a good copy of Romeo & Juliet on DVD (borrowed from the uni library) which difficult child 3 needs to watch for school. I might suggest we have a movie day tomorrow. Popcorn and all. Apparently this is a version that has Alan Rickman and John Gielgud in it. Should be good!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg