Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Fellow Warrior Moms!!

We had quite the storms here last night but no damage that I know of! Today is suppose to be much cooler with a high of only 71. Tomorrow it is only suppose to get to 69. This has been one strange summer!!

In a bit we will drop difficult child off at day camp and easy child/difficult child at summer school. I think I will head to the club after dropping them off. Later today I'm getting a hair cut-a much needed one as it's been over 6 months since I last had it cut.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Sharon and everyone who follows!

I am in the office today - my assistant's mom died over this past weekend, so I am flying solo this week. And there is a lot to do! We have our annual golf outing next Tuesday with about 60 guests coming into town, 30 of which are staying at a hotel, so I've been coordinating a lot! I look forward to the event each year because it gives us an opportunity to be more casual with our clients and colleagues, but it is a lot of preparation (something I do not think the boss has a clue about, lol).

Later today I was supposed to take our pup Izzy to the vet for her annual and a lyme vaccine, however, I took Sophie yesterday and because of her prior health issues, the vet is still nervous about giving her the vaccines so he had to do several titres, so the visit cost me over $300!!! OMG. I think I have to cancel Izzy's appointment because that's the amount that I had allocated for BOTH dogs. I hate money...but I love money...it is a good thing to have, but everyone else wants it. HAHAHA.

Anyway, our pool is up and running. We now will have the H2O tested and see what chemicals we need to add. I'd like it crystal clear by the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

Marguerite

G'day, Sharon. The gales here dropped off by morning, but they did the job of blowing the volcanic ash out to sea so the planes were flying again. It was very quiet and dark last night, it seemed strange without the planes in the sky.

Today I left early to collect mother in law and go out to my GP appointment. From there I did a bit of fast grocery shopping, then took mother in law to get her drivers licence renewed, and pick up some carpet samples. We headed home along our bush road, would have been home by midday except there was an accident in the middle of the bush, we stopped to assist but all they needed was someone to telephone for an ambulance. So I drove on until I got to the top of a hill where I had reception. They asked me to tell the people the ambos were on the way so I turned back. They had been lucky - an ambulance arrived, had been driving past and stopped. So we had a bit of excitement.

husband & I just got back home after our evening dinner with mother in law. It is very cold at the moment, it is snowing to the west of Sydney. It never snows in Sydney, but in the Blue Mountains (an hour's drive west) it can snow in the coldest weather.

Tonight I went to the pharmacy to collect my prescriptions and met a family of swifts nesting right outside the shop. It was getting dark and the swifts were still trying to hunt for their supper, they were chasing insects around the fluorescent lights in the shop. I could see the female on the nest, the male bringing her food. Very small, pretty little birds. But nesting already! And we just passed the shortest day!

Tomorrow - we're home, working. I've been a bit distracted form my work over the last few days and I need to get back to it.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Marguerite

Jo, you snuck in on me! Sorry your vet bill was so big. I hope you get the pool ready for the weekend.

Sharon, enjoy your personal space. And the cooler weather. It's a nice breather in the middle of the heat for you.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Tonight I went to the pharmacy to collect my prescriptions and met a family of swifts nesting right outside the shop. It was getting dark and the swifts were still trying to hunt for their supper, they were chasing insects around the fluorescent lights in the shop. I could see the female on the nest, the male bringing her food. Very small, pretty little birds. But nesting already! And we just passed the shortest day!

So cute! Lately, we've spotted some fledglings hopping around with their parents nearby watching for danger. It's just the cutest thing!

Estherfromjerusalem

That is so funny Marg -- that you said "we just passed the shortest day." And here yesterday was 21st June, the longest day. Isn't it funny how we are upside down from each other! We find it difficult to find an appropriate time to speak to our son, he goes to work and then phones us when we are at work and vice versa, he's sleeping when we are awake and we are sleeping when he is awake -- upside down and back to front!!!

Have a good meltdown-free day, everyone!

Love, Esther