Good Wednesday Morning

LittleDudesMom

:sleeping: Good Wednesday Morning All!

Well, as hard as it is to admit to myself, I am now old enough to have a 17-year old! My sweet easy child's 17th birthday is today :flower: It's so hard to imagine I have been her mom for that many years. Seems like just a few months ago I held my little baby. Boy how the years race on ..... :scared:

We are in the midst of summer here in central va (and the majority of the south I beleive). We are supposed to be in the 90's today - what happened to fall :autumn:

Some birthday prep this morning, a couple quick errands, and I have a nail appointment. Should be a pretty decent day.

Wishing everyone a great day :thumb:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Happy Birthday to easy child :dance: I hope you both enjoy the day!

I hear you about the heat and that's here in Wisconsin. Finally though we are getting another break from the heat. It is only supposed to get to 69 today which will be much more comfortable.

I actually was asleep by 9:30 last night and that was after snoozing a bit on my recliner. I feel like I have so much sleep to catch up on and it felt great! :sleeping: I really miss my summer naps. :sleeping:

Just the usual today-work and the health club. Maybe I'll get to bed early two nights in a row!!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day. Hi to anyone who snuck in. :autumn:

bby31288

Good Morning all....I'm sick. Came down with a stomach virus yesterday. Still not well. Have to call out of work. Hope everyones day is better than mine...time to lysol the house!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Sharon hope the birthday is a good one for easy child.

Sharon Glad you got some sleep last night. Losing naps always bites.

bby31288 hope you feel better soon.

We have a session with difficult child 2 today. Not sure how well this is going to go after the weekend.

Had a reasonable day in court yesterday forr difficult child 1.

Hoping the cooler day sticks here too.

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, happy b/day to easy child.

Sharon II, sounds like your body is telling you something. Of course, naps are my favorite hobby.

bby3128, sorry to hear you're ill. Hope you recover quickly.

Beth, sending positive thoughts for an, at the very least, decent session with your difficult child.

kt is off to school, after many complaints of sore throat, upset tummy, etc, etc, etc. What is comes down to is this extremely early start time for her. I'm having trouble waking up at 5:15 a.m. to get her up & going for the bus.

I'm off to see my therapist this morning. husband will be working from his home office until around 2 this afternoon - then he heads downtown to meet with the team who's developing the code that husband is writing the manaul for. Got that? Can you follow this? Somedays it's confusing for me to figure out who's doing what; I decided last night doesn't really matter. When husband tells me about his day I'll just nod & say "yes dear".

Have a good day - keep it calm.

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

I'm in a RUSH as I have a meeting with my educational consultant(she's great, has a difficult child of her own, and the service is FREE), to discuss what to do about the IEP I recently received for difficult child 2. So, if I forget to mention anyone, I'm sorry!!!

Sharon, HAPPY B-DAY to your easy child!!!

Sharon, I'm glad you're going to the health club. Hope you get some zzz'...!!!

bby, I hope you feel better ASAP!!!

mrscatinthehat, I'm glad court went okay.

Well, got to go. I'll be glad when all of this is over!!!

As always, I hope everyone has a great day and at least one reason to laugh or at least smile... :autumn: :flower: :autumn: WFEN

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning on a hot sunny Wed. :devil: Some days it feels as if the heat has been turned up.

LDM, happy birthday to your sweetie. Time goes faster every year doesn't it?

Sharon, glad you got a good night's sleep.

bby 3128, sorry to hear you are ill.

Beth, good luck.

Linda, hope things go well for you at the t dr. I know what you mean about confusing schedules.

difficult child continues to be pleasant and easy going. He helped me with some purchases. He took pictures of the furniture and did some computer program where he placed it in the room in our house. Very cool. Today I am going to "help" him decide how to organize his room. We will see how pleasant he is then.

easy child seems a little more lonely. Guess the newness is wearing off.

My pups had an honest to goodness dog fight in the kitchen yesterday. Fur pulling, ear biting, knock em out fight. HoneySue is food possessive. It seemed to ease up but I guess it came back. I was a little frazzled. They are 90lb dogs! I put them in time out. One in a crate and one behind a gate. Sheesh. Hope that doesn't happen again.

So it's another long day. Hoping to put our bill paying on line at the new bank. You would think doing it once a lifetime would be enough. LOL. :dance:

Have a good day.

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

LDM/Sharton, don't forget to update your sig! Happy birthday for easy child.

SharonII, I'm glad you're enjoying the cooler weather.

bby - get well soon. Forget the lysol - it won't do a thing except make work. If the family is in the habit of cleaning as you go especially food prep areas, and hand-washing before meals, they'll be fine. In emergencies it helps for everyone to have their own cup and nobody to share.

Beth, all the best with difficult child 2's session today.

Linda, I also hate early starts. I always used to feel sick in the mornings, I could never stomach breakfast. And with husband's work - as my kids would say, "Just nod and smile; nod and smile."

mother in law & I saw our GP for the monthly prescriptions appointment. It really is too far from home and inconvenient not to be able to see a doctor of his standard more often. She has important blood tests due in a week and no local GP available to do them. "It's school holidays," the local practice manager told mother in law. Which means, they can't hire a locum for love nor money. I'm going to introduce mother in law to the new GP I've found, only half an hour's drive from the village. She is now my emergency GP, maybe developing into the regular GP to replace the bloke we've been seeing for ten years (and who moved so far away, blast him!)

A large cold front is moving across the east of the country, they say it's dropping rain inland which is good - a lot of farmers who planted in the June rains are now losing their crops. Here's hoping tonight's is enough to save it. It will bring us a morning storm and it's dropping a little rain tonight (literally a few drops, no more) so wish us luck in the rain department. Tomorrow is my day for hanging out the washing, so some heavy rain inland tonight, please, and then a dry sunny day would be lovely.

I rang the lasagne company today, they thanked me for telling them about the rat tooth and said they'd reimburse me for the two lasagnes I bought. Somehow I'm a bit disappointed - surely they could do more? They want me to post the rat tooth to them. husband had a closer look at it tonight, he declared it to be an upper jaw left side pre-molar (tricuspid) of a rat, probably the common black rat (feral, arrived on the First Fleet). A man of many talents, husband. I can recognise it as a tricuspid premolar and that's it. But I didn't spend as much time with rats (from that angle) as he did.

BF2 came home tonight. He absolutely adores lasagne from this shop. I collected him from the 7 pm ferry and said, "I need to discuss with you what to have for dinner. I bought two lasagnes yesterday..."
"Great! We can have lasagne..."
"Not so fast - we cooked one last night..."
"Rats!" he replied (oh boy, more than you think), "Well we can always cook the other one tonight, can't we?"
I explained to him about finding the rat tooth in last night's bought lasagne and he was quiet for a minute and finally said, "Maybe I won't have lasagne after all."
I need to find a neighbourhood dog I can feed this stuff to, if even BF2 won't eat it...

I just find it hard to think about difficult child 1 happily eating last night's lasagne, even after we found the tooth. He even went back for second helpings of rat - er, lasagne.

Sometimes life can be very INTERESTING!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg