Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Ladies,

Today is a new day and that alone makes it a good one-a fresh start is always a good thing! :smile:

After work today I'm headed to the health club and then the next two days are teacher convention days so a change of pace will be nice!

I hope everyone enjoys some happy unexpected reasons to smile today! :painter:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, I agree - a new day is always good. A fresh start on life. Hope your is a calm, safe day.

My day will be one of finding the bottom of my desk. I know I've mentioned this before, but my desk & the dining room table seems to be fair game for junk from tweedle dee & husband. :hammer: I can't seem to teach either of them if it's junk mail on the porch, it will be the same on my desk. Just put it in recycle on the porch & don't bring it in! :hammer: Not a tough concept in my mind.

Sorry for the early morning whine - I cringe when I look at my desk.

Have a good day; keep it calm & safe. Hug your loved ones especially if you aren't feeling much like it. It will help your day.

smallworld

Good morning everyone!

Sharon, I've been reading that things have been rough for you. I hope everything settles down soon and you enjoy your change of pace at the teacher convention.

It's been pouring all night and looks as if it might continue throughout the day. A has a league championship soccer game for her school this afternoon, but it's not being played on turf and we're guessing it's going to be postponed. Right now she's finishing up last-minute homework before I drive her to her shuttle bus stop. J and M are still sleeping, but I will get them up when I return from dropping A off.

Not much on my agenda today -- cooking, straightening up, phone calls and errands. Oh, and a workout at the gym as soon as the kids are all off to school.

Hope you have a great day. Hi to anyone who snuck in.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
by the way, just to add a fun note - kt, PCA & I collected some pretty leaves (some of the last of the season) & I'm going to do a leaf study in my nature journal. I have all the colors needed to draw them. Of course, I'll be preserving them for wm & his leaf collection - he enjoys that I help him with his collection. :smile: :autumn:

LittleDudesMom

:jack: Good Middle of the Week!

It is 75 degrees here right now! We are promised a lot of rain tonight and temps about 10 degrees cooler tomorrow - one can only hope.

Sharon, glad that your schedule is shaking up a bit - change is a good thing relieve the doldrums!

Linda, hope you find the bottom of your desk! The fact that your leaves are the last of the season and 85% of our leaves haven't even changed colors yet is crazy! I'm sure we will loose many with the heavy rain tonight before they have even had a chance to change since it has been so dry and many are just brown and hanging on for dear life :autumn:!

Small, good to hear from you this morning. Enjoy your "homey" day :smile:.

I'm going to hang around the house today too. Few little things to work on as well as make my wreath with the supplies I gathered yesterday. I couldn't find one that I liked. They were either too small, too country style, or too frilly. I plan to work on my wreath today and just putz around the house :lipstick:.

Hope your day is a good one :thumb:!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:
Sharon- I hope you enjoy your last day of classes for the week! :its_all_good:
Linda- The leaf collection sounds like a great thing for you & wm to share. I hope your leaves has been brighter than ours this year! :autumn:
Smallworld- I hope A's soccer game eventually goes well with her team coming out on top! :thumb:
Sharon- It's finally autumn here as well! Hi in the fifties for the next few days. :jack:
I have a few errands to run and volunteering in the school library today. I also hope to to get a little cleaning done. The house has really gone down hill with me being so busy lately. :rofl: And tonight should be fun! Our twenty-girl Brownie troop is having it's Halloween party. :hypnosis:
Now that's scary!!! :smile:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :smile:

Chrissy

Good Morning all :smile: Mine sure started out great, I couldn't fiqure out why I couldn't reply then it hit me :hammer: I wasn't signed in. UGHH.

I'm heading to school today with daughter, she goes to headstart. She rode the bus and I will drive.
My difficult child woke up on another good note. Yesterday was actually pretty good.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :ghost:

Marguerite

G'day, all. No time to address each of you, I'm doing stage II of my barbecued tomato relish and I'm grabbing a few minutes away from the pot. Just a quick thought on those autumn leaves, Linda - my mother used to preserve leaves and flowers for the vase in two different ways - borax (which is toxic - you leave the flowers/leaves in a shoe box with powdered borax coating everything) and glycerin - you stand the leaves in a solution of glycerin & water. Not sure of the concentrations, but from other things I've done with glycerin it's probably 50:50 to begin with and you increase the glycerin concentration over a few days. With the glycerin method, the leaves stay supple and should keep their colour, but they may have an oily feel to them (which will gather dust). I was only very young when she did this, probably about 8 years old.

A busy day today - mother in law & I had to see our GP for our monthly prescriptions. The doctor's a lovely bloke but he's leaving general practice to go into pain management/addiction medicine. So we have to see him in a drug referral clinic and today was particularly stressful, he was over an hour late and the room was full of tetchy addicts. Noisy as well. Bad language, tantrums over the parking cop booking people (parking there is horrible), whinging about how the doctor gets cranky if THEY'RE late, how come he's late and gets away with it (the doctor had been in surgery earlier, you can't just walk out if the operation turns out to be more complicated than you expected). It was depressing just to be around them - they all have this air of being beaten down. We felt very out of place - two older women, dressed conservatively among younger people with drawn faces, tattoos and piercings. Not that we've ever had any problems with the other patients, but the whole air of the place is depressing. And no magazines, other than "How to manage your Hep C" and "you and your addiction - a handbook". Signs on the wall saying, "If you choose to use drugs, that's your business. If you want to stop, we can help."
We were there for two hours. When we left and drove away we were giggling over nothing, like two kids let out of school early - it was a huge relief to be away from the feeling of depression in the place.

It's been misty with very light rain from late afternoon, it's forecast to turn stormy tomorrow, although for once it will be heavier inland and over the dam (yippee!). Tomorrow is my cleaning day but I think I will have to pass on doing the washing - it will only get wet.

Enjoy your Wednesday - I gotta dash, I think the tomato relish is ready for me to stir a bit more.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. We are hoping for rain as predicted. Many communities have less than 100 days of water left in their reservoir. Scary.

Today is more of the same. Unpacking, moving furniture, cleaning. ZZZZZZZZZ It's the tedious work that wears you down isn't it?

Hope something in your day triggers optimism about the progress in your difficult child's life. :future: