Good Wednesday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

We made it to the day before Thanksgiving! :thanksgiving2: We still have one last day of school left. This morning my class will be joining a few other classes in a bread and grain celebration where children bring in a family favorite or cultural bread or rice. Of course, this means more food than I need but it will be fun.

Lots to do after work including cleaning and cooking and hopefully a trip to the health club. :smile:In fact I may do that before the other stuff so that I don't get to tired to go later.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and finds many reasons to smiel. :smile:

Marguerite

The school food thing sounds like fun. What about poppadums? You can cook them in the microwave really quickly, they don't have to be deep-fried. And it would be different - hardly "Mayflower" material, perhaps.

Of course for us, it's just another day. The closest we have to Thanksgiving is Australia Day, although that's more like 4th of July. Still two months away... Australia Day, that is.

Well, the storm has arrived. Great. It's dry. Should have guessed - a lot of noise and flashing lights, but no action, just like our Prime Minister. And there's still a lot of hot air, too.

Tonight is the last night for TV and radio advertising for the election. The regulations came in before we had Internet, so it doesn't extend to Myspace, Youtube or Facebook, which our wily pollies have been exploiting to the full this election. But for the main media - we get two days of blessed peace before we all go to vote on Saturday. For us, voting is compulsory when you're over 18.

We did get a little bit of rain, but not enough to water the garden. And it's just after 10 pm, it's too late now to get the hose out, we're only permitted to use the hose from 4 pm to 10 pm, Wednesdays and Sundays. And I was so sure that storm would wet everything down, I didn't hose everything while I had the chance.

They say that tomorrow will be cooler and damper. Maybe a little cooler - still summer temperatures, just not so stifling. And just enough rain so the humidity tomorrow will be like Singapore, but with soil you can trickle through your fingers.
We do have a rainwater tank, and it does have some water in it. I am permitted legally to water the garden from the tank. Also the bathtub, we leave that full overnight and I'll use it to water the vegetable garden tomorrow.

We've been told we're in for five days of storms. Here's hoping they have some moisture left in them, by the time they get to us!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:thanksgiving2: Good Wednesday Morning Sharon and all to follow :thanksgiving2:

Sharon, this will be the first year that I don't have plans at one of the kids schools for a Thanksgiving feast! I must say that after so many years, I'll miss it! Means I don't have any babies anymore :crying: Hope your celebration at school is a fun one and you get everything done!!!

Well, I may not have any babies but I definately have new challenges and experiences ahead! I decided to invite easy child's boyfriend to stay here tomorrow night. I thought long and hard about it and decided it was a special occasion and they are great kids. He already asked easy child if there was anything he could bring to the dinner.

difficult child is doing great right now. He seems happy and adjusted to middle school. His first report card came home Friday and he made honor role :faint: He has a couple buddies and one will be coming home to play after school today. He gets out at 11:45 (why bother??).

I'm in the office this morning and doing payroll since everyone is off until Monday so they will get their checks today. I have a couple things to pick up at the store and will do that on the way to the office after dropping difficult child at school. Don't need any perishables.

I expect this will be a great day since everyone is looking forward to turkey day tomorrow and in a great mood - hope your difficult child's get the memo :thanksgivingday:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:
I've got about 15 hours of stuff to do in 12 hours. Gotta run! :thanksgiving2:
Happy Thanksgiving!!! :thanksgivingday:

Good Morning Everyone,:coffee:

Sharon, Enjoy the bread and grain celebration - Sounds delicious! I think it is a good idea to go to the health club :smile: before tackling all that cooking and cleaning :thanksgiving: I know I would be too exhausted later... :bloodshot:

Marg, What are poppadums? I hope you get some much needed rain!!!

Sharon, I think it's great that easy child's boyfriend is such a good kid that you invited him to spend Thanksgiving with you. :bravo:difficult child!!! It's wonderful that he made the honor roll!!! I hope he enjoys his playdate.

TM, I hope everything you need to do goes quickly and smoothly!!! :thanksgiving2: Hopefully, you'll be able to rest over the long weekend!!! :sleeping:

I've got a few errands to do this morning. Then I have to pick difficult children up at school - They get out early. Hopefully, difficult child 2 will be able to hold it together!!! He had a major meltdown yesterday. :grrr: It seems like he loses it whenever there is a holiday.

Anyway, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today. :flower: :smile:

And, I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving :thanksgiving2: :thanksgiving: :thanksgivingday: whether you are spending it with friends and family, volunteering to help those less fortunate, or alone with a good book... :its_all_good:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good morning my friends,

Sharon, a trip to the club first sounds like a very good plan - it will keep you going tonight.

Marg, I love the idea of no advertising 2 days before the election. Blessed peace - sounds wonderful. Hope those storms deliver rain.

Sharon, a big congrats to difficult child for making honor role!

TM, take a deep breath & go!

kt is off to school & all is quiet this morning. I forgot to hit the pharmacy yesterday, so off I go today. These small trips, while building my strength, are so exhausting.

husband is picking up a few last minute items I need from the grocery store. Our holiday dinner has been ordered from a gourmet grocery & husband will be picking that up this afternoon. All I have to do is pop it in the oven. This is the first year I haven't done everything from scratch when we've been home for T'giving. kt, PCA & I are baking a couple of pies this evening.

Enjoy your day - don't overdo today. You don't want to be too exhausted to enjoy the holiday tomorrow. Hug your loved ones.

Fran

Former desparate mom
:thanksgiving1:
Happy Day before Thanksgiving Day everyone. I know tomorrow will be hectic so I wanted to wish you well today.
:thanksgivingday: We had planned to eat out but plans change so I'm scurrying around to get ingredients for a meal. Unfortunately the dining room is covered in plastic and I don't have a kitche table and chairs yet. LOL. Not good timing for painting.
If the weAther stays this warm we may eat outside. :thanksgiving:

Enjoy your day of preparation. Laugh a lot. It makes the pain less obvious.

Marguerite

Poppadums - Indian crispy things, served with curry & rice or just on their own. A refreshing change from crisps. We buy them in packets, a bit like Pringles (crisps packed flat in a tube?) but you can't eat them like that, they're too tough. Usually they get deep fried and they puff up like prawn crackers (I hope you have those!). But if you put a sheet of paper towel in the microwave oven and put a few poppadums around (not touching) then they puff up on full power in 30 seconds. Not as much as when deep-fried, but still really good.

Indian restaurants have lots, fresh-cooked. It's like garlic bread in an Italian restaurant.

Made from lentil flour, I think. Or chickpea flour. We love 'em. But definitely grain in origin, and very different.

Hmm, if ever we come to the US, we'll have to add poppadums to the list of things to bring, along with Tim Tams, Vegemite, Passiona...

Marg

Marg,

Thanks! Poppadums sound so good! I've never seen them anywhere. If I ever do, I'm going to buy some. I've never heard of prawn crackers either. I really like trying different foods. I'll have to check out my local specialty food market. WFEN