Good Wednesday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
friends & fellow warrior parents. :warrior:

I slept 5 hours straight & feel as though I could run a marathon - okay take a walk around the block. Either way it feels good to get some uninterrupted sleep for a change. :dance: husband & I are taking a walk before kt gets home; he's trying, during his lunch hour, help me build some endurance. I'm not to push it....just listen to my body.

I have an MRI scheduled at 10 & then my calendar is empty.

It's seems to be a warmer day here today. Yesterday with the cold, I had quite the feeding frenzy in my bird sanctuary. Each day in my nature journal I record the "critter count" & at around 1:30 or so I had 11 cardinals, 4 blue jays, 2 red bellied woodpeckers, 8 goldfinches, 10 purple finches, way too many sparrows & juncos to count & our ever loving albino squirrel, Snowball.

I do a "critter count" 3 times a day for my nature journal just for comparison & to see the pattern of who feeds when. I'm learning a great deal with this type of journaling.

Enjoy your day - keep it calm. May you have the wind at your back & cooperative difficult children! :flower:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well I am so glad you got those uninterupted hours of sleep. You have a large need of it. I love your journal. I remember all the critters that used to feed at my folks house while I was a teen. So impressive.

I am doing some baking and canding making today. Don't know how much I will get done but pumpkin bread and banana bread are on the top of the list.

I have genealogy society tonight and taking easy child to her therapist after she is done at school. I hope today is relatively quiet. Should be.

Morning to all that follow.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-A walk sounds nice-glad it is warming up by you. Our day was really cold yesterday because of the wind. Your bird sanctuary sounds incredible! So glad you got some good sleep. I hope you have many more restful nights ahead. :sleeping:

Beth-A day of baking sounds great! I'd love some of that pumpkin bread! I hope your day is as quiet as you are expecting. :flower:

Never made it shopping or to the club yesterday. When I went to get out at the store I realized I had left my purse at home! I was none to happy with myself. Luckily I was meeting husband at the first store so we did manage one gift. Then he said he would hang around to pick up easy child so I wouldn't have to and I could just pick up difficult child and head home. Then neither of us felt like the club and so we went to eat with his sister in law instead.

Today I will get to the club after work! :smile: Not much else other than work. Tonight I do plan on watching Project Runway!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and finds many reasons to smile and laugh. :painter:

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdec: Good Morning Ladies!

Linda, five straight hours is a record for you lately :sleeping:! I haven't seen our housefinches or our goldfinches around here since the weather turned. I assumed they had headed south. Cardinals we have....they are our state bird.

Beth, bread making sounds like a nice thing to do today! Bet the house will smell devine :gingerbread:

Sharon, too bad you didn't get more shopping done :hammer:! This is one of my two tv nights - Pushing Daisys Night! Wishing you a good day.

It's about 25 degrees cooler than yesterday morning, but it's not frigid here - it's 34 this morning.

easy child has his therapist appointment today after school. Today I will try and decorate the interior of the house. The tree is the only holiday item done yet. I'll pull the boxes out and see how much I can get done in a few hours this morning. I am antsy about getting the kids gifts wrapped :xgift: so they are not so "exposed". Today is a house day.

Wishing all a great Wednesday - we're half way there!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, all. I'm too tired to reply to everyone individually; due to you guys NOT having daylight saving currently, and us having it in place, we're now two hours further apart than we were, and by the time someone starts a morning thread it's now past my bedtime!

And if I deal with that by starting the morning thread, I'll ALWAYS be starting it, especially now you're finally getting some sleep, Linda.

And that would not be fair.

difficult child 3 had a fairly productive day today. I did not - too many phone calls, lots of distractions. We have a busy fortnight coming up, next week especially is going to be busy. But fun, with two excursions (there was a third offered today; I turned it down).

easy child 2/difficult child 2 is stressed to the max, has been unwell for just about all this year and will go to pieces so fast we all get hit by the schrapnel. husband is tired constantly, overworked to billy-oh and as a result, not coping too well with difficult child 3 in the evenings, when medications have worn off and he starts talking non-stop.

Hence - I need my sleep!

Good night, folks!

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all.
Linda, sounds like things are improving in the sleep dept. Glad you feel so well.

Beth, enjoy your baking. Holiday baking is my favorite.

Wiped out dinner with s i l sounds like the perfect break from the routine.

LDM, I have come through your neck of the woods twice in less than 48 hrs. One of these days I'm going to arrange a meet for coffee. I always seem to be in a hurry.

I did a marathon drive up and back with mom. Got her home to Pittsburgh and turned around after a nap, to get back.
The paitners are still painting and the pups were being baby sat by difficult child. I just wanted to be home. So today is catch up.

Good news though, difficult child has been accepted into the community for adults with daughter. He will spend a bit of time in the residence, then move into his own apt. again. The plan is while in the residence he will get situated and hook up with someone to be a roommate. I'm pleased for difficult child. It was he who inquired about the program, set up interviews, did the interview and called for follow up. I just did the paper work. husband visited to check it out. He seems excited and nervous. He called his friends(all in Long Island or norther Jersey) If you heard a loud cheer, it was those guys who seem happy to have him back into the fold. They are now driving/train distance from each other. He learned a lot the hard way. He was on his own socially and physically. We were there as a security net but he was alone most of the time. Gave him a great deal of time to reflect what he wanted his future to look like. So today we are again hopeful that he has found a community where he can grow and blossom into a full life.

So today is full of anticipation and hope. I learned to savor those days.

LittleDudesMom

Fran,

you should have called me from the road and used my house for a "pitt stop" (you know, bathroom and coffee to go!!).

Great news for difficult child :bravo:

Your dream of his living independently are coming to fruition. When you think back on his darkest days, I bet you never guessed he would be taking this leadership role with his social group and his desire to "flee" the nest! Kudos to you and husband for giving him the base from which to fly.

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Linda, My easy child would love to spend some time watching your backyard "critters" with you. I think she would especially like "Snowball." I'm so happy you got some sleep. Enjoy your walk with husband.

Beth, I love banana and pumpkin bread!!! I'll be right over with lots of coffee!!! I hope you have a peaceful day.

Sharon, I hate those days when I forget something essential in order for me to carry out my plans - Leaving my purse at home, is definitely something I could do!!! I'm sorry you weren't able to make it to the health club but it's nice you and husband ate with his sister in law instead.

Sharon, I hope you enjoy your "house day" and get it beautifully decorated. I love holiday decorations!!! I just hate all the cleaning and prep work before putting them up. husband brought home a beautiful wreath for our front door last night. I'm going to put it up this morning.

Marg, I hope you get a good night's rest. I'm sorry that things are tough at home with difficult child 2/easy child 2 being unstable. I understand how your husband feels listening to difficult child 3 talk non stop. difficult child 2 does the same thing and it drives me CRAZY!!! Sometimes, I have to tell him that I need a bit of quiet time so I can think. I have to ask him to play in another room.

Fran. I'm doing the "happy dance":princess:for you!!! I hope your difficult child has finally found a community where he will thrive and be happy!!!

I haven't been able to post much lately as things have been BUSY here and difficult children have been creating lots of CHAOS. I've been trying to at least read how everyone is doing when I can.

Anyway, today I'm donating some clothing, household items, and decorative items to make life a bit less stressful for others during the holiday season. I've got most of the things already packed in my car,ready to go.

I have yet another BUSY day ahead. difficult children and easy child have after school activities. difficult child 2 is having a very difficult time staying glued together as his after school schedule is constantly changing to accomodate everyone's activities, as well as dental appointments and therapist and psychiatrist appointments for him and difficult child 1. I'm hoping that things go as smoothly as can be expected today...

As usual, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today :flower: :santa: WFEN :rudolph:

Good Morning all

WOW!! Walking, baking, bird watching, excersising, decorating, driving practically all night. You guys sure are busy!!!!!

Let's see I'm gonna work today then go home deal with difficult child and HW no doubt husband has such a hard time getting him to do it I think he just doesn't have the energy anymore. Then clean the house, wash clothes, cook supper, & maybe make it to church for Bible study we'll see how difficult child is doing Wednesdays seem to be a little rough for him. I already have my tree up and my mantle is partially decorated with garland and the nativity scene but since I'm newly married I just don't have that much and the stuff I've ordered is on backorder go figure. Hopefully I'll have enough money out of this paycheck to get some yard decorations difficult child just loves them but I'm not climbing on top of the house to put lights up LOL