Good Wishes please

susiestar

Roll With It
husband had a job interview today at one of those syndicated colleges for an adjunct professor job. Pay is pretty good esp if he could get 2 or more classes per month or maybe even full time. Plus even teaching one class gets them to match the pension plan from the first paycheck.

Much as he loves almost everything about computer programming, his real gift in life is teaching. He is the one the state univ in our town calls when they don't have enough people to teach all the classes that are scheduled or someone needs help or they find out that a grad assistant doesn't speak english well enough to teach a class. Soemtimes he has less than a week to get ready before a class, but he consistently has some of the highest reviews from students. Not just highest in the dept, highest in the entire college of business! As a master's student he had at least one "attaboy" letter from the Dean each semester. He usually has at least one student who tells him that they just didn't understand programming before his class and by halfway through they really did.

He is so happy when he is teaching and I want him to do whatever it takes to be able to teach. I tried to push him to get his doctorate so he could become a full time prof at a university, but his heart isn't in it. He just wants to teach.

Please send some good wishes and prayers that this comes through for him. We need the money but also this is where he truly shines and I want him to be happy. Thanks!

Nancy

Its wonderful when you find your passion and he obviosuly has a gift for both computers and teaching. Sending good wishes that they see what a great asset he would be.

Nancy

T

TeDo

I am so glad he has finally decided to do this. Tell him his board "in-laws" (LOL) are rooting, pretzeling, praying and rattling for him!

Malika

They played an excerpt on the radio this morning (I listen to the British radio news on the computer - marvellous!) from Steve Jobs giving a speech to Stanford students in which he was talking about how important it was to have passion and love for one's work. So here's hoping your husband's passion and love finds its recognition.