Goodwill Shopping

witzend

Did you know that Goodwill has an e-bay type site? It's

http://www.shopgoodwill.com

I just bought the cutest silver necklace for $13.00... I have priced it in Mexico for $75.

They also have kids games and clothes and lots of stuff...

You gotta love the Goodwill!

Last edited:
F

flutterbee

I'll have to check that out.

You know, Wynter actually said that she'd like to start shopping at thrift stores to save money. I had to pick myself up off the floor.....

Thanks for the tip!

susiestar

Roll With It
Goodwill ROCKS! That is where I got a men's cashmere coat when I needed a business-type coat to wear to a temp job in a bank. Wiz grabbed it as we walked past a rack. He insisted it was what I needed because it was "soft". It was $3, of course this was in 1995, but still.

Our Goodwill is not as nice as some, but they have to compete with 4 charity run thrift stores that are local and higher profile. I LOVE how they group things by color.

Thanks for the heads up about the website!

Abbey

Spork Queen
My relative ...not exactly sure how I'm related to her, is the manager of our Goodwill here. It's VERY nice. She sees stuff come in all the time and holds it for me. And there is some REALLY nice things that come through. I told her I was looking for some black Dickie pants for work. Boom. She's got them for $2.

I'm thinking of the relation thing. She is my MIL2's sister. What do I call her? StepMIL2? That gets complicated.

Abbey

Count me in as a huge fan of Goodwill here! Not only can you find awesome deals there (especially in the nicer neighborhoods) but they provide excellent training programs for disabled and disadvantaged folks - as well as real jobs with real opportunities for advancement. They have worked wonders for so many of my clients.

Witz, thanks for the heads up on the web site. You know I'll be there!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I love goodwill here too. easy child shops there with me and loves the outfits she finds. She is one of those kids that just doesn't care what other's think about what she wears she just wants to be herself. We just bought her some formals for the winter formal and for prom this year. Less than six dollars apiece. So with the dry cleaning the both dresses cost much less than a new one would.

In the town difficult child 1 is living the group home is trying to get her to use one of their training programs.

beth

Fran

Former desparate mom
Very cool. I love a bargain but I haven't been in Goodwill for a while. My sister and I used to hit the consignment stores all the time but they weren't cheap. Just cheaper than retail.
Thanks for the site.

KTMom91

I love Goodwill! I taught two of their training classes; retail sales and employment prep; for about three years. Great stuff, and the training has helped so many people, especially those who needed a little boost to take that first step towards employment.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
N gets the handmedowns and I get a lot of K's stuff at Goodwill or Consignment stores... she has the sensory thing so I have to be picky for K.

I have found some of the best things at Goodwill!!!