Goofy Cat

susiestar

Roll With It
husband and I are working on cards today. He made a pile of little snowflakes with a paper punch. Capn Morgan came to inspect and when he saw the snowflakes cut out of metallic paper he sat down, gave a HUGE grin (and he is not a grin-ful cat) and he started purring loud enough you could hear him across the room! We were surprised because he almost never purrs!!!

On the not so great side, he now can do more than change the volume with the remote. Three nights ago we watched him turn it on and change channels!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Time for a box for the remotes, Know what I mean??

I love the grin-purr, too. For the cut-up paper, or...?

My parents' cat saw me get a text on my smart phone - two minutes later he'd figured out how to unlock the screen and dial husband...

cubsgirl

Watch your paper snowflakes. I have a cat that grins when seeing paper - and she SHREDS it to pieces. She can literally make confetti out of a packet of papers in less than a minute. I've had to reprint many documents courtesy of my purring paper shredder.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Squirrel likes craft foam. Better if she can steal it.

When I am making stuff, I must put it WAY out of her reach if I don't want slobber and perforations...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The younger of my two is another shelter rescue. Her thing is TP and paper towels. She doesn't unroll them; she shreds them. She also claws drywall.

I finally wound up using a product called "Feliway" which works for both clawing and spraying. It is a synthetic version of the pheremone cats put out when cheek rubbing surfaces.

donna723

I don't have inside cats but my dogs do the same thing with the remote. I need to stop leaving it next to me on the sofa! They've turned it on and off and changed the channels, just by stepping on it. Ragan once put her little paw on the remote and changed the satellite settings so drastically that it took me an hour and a half on the phone with the customer service people just to get it working again. Then she stepped on the keyboard of my laptop and the whole screen turned SIDEWAYS! Which, of course, makes your cursor virtually useless. That one took me an hour on the phone with a friend who was on her computer looking for the fix!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, the idea behind Feliway is that it makes the cat more comfortable and hence unlikely to mark territory (clawing is another way of marking: cats have scent glands in their feet)

I use both the spray and the Feliway Comfort Zone outlet diffusers.