Goofy Upside Down World

N

Nomad

Heard about this the other day and then a post by Star reminded me...
De motivational posters....:tongue::surprise::sick: Reminds me of the upside down world most of us see much of the time. (However...I say fight it with- all you've got). Still funny to read these things though...

example
"A few harmless flakes working together can release an avalanche of destruction."

Last edited:

change

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have to go back and read the rest of those often when I need a good laugh...THANKS!!!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Geez..now I have to back and look. I love the procrastication one. Blank screen. That was excellent. It's like...I'll get round to when I get round to it.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, my fav, by far (and certainly applicable to my present state of existence as a parent) is:

SACRIFICE

Your role may be thankless,
but if you're willing to give it your all,
you just might bring success to those who outlast you.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I actually have some of these kinds of posters hanging in my office that I got from www.despair.com

My boss years ago hired a marketing guy that fancied himself as the next Tony Robbins - minus the personality. He was sooo into inspirational posters and sayings he was a walking cliche' - talking to him for a few minutes brought on an automatic gag reflex. He papered the office with motivational posters, mouse pads, coffee cups. His bad choice of a job trying to turn 8 very agressive females into team players. He was only successful in doing that once - when we all teamed up and got rid of him a few months after he was hired, then we were all back to doing our own thing and the motivational stuff went into the trash.

Marcie

donna723

I LOVE dispair.com! I did have a bunch of the posters printed off but I don't know now what happened to them. I have my all-time favorite hanging on the wall of what I jokingly refer to as my "office" - one corner of my dining room.

It's labeled "POTENTIAL"

The picture is a huge close-up of a cardboard container of fast-food french fries.

The caption is, "Not Everyone Gets To Be An Astronaut When They Grow Up"

Another one I loved was a beautiful close-up picture of bright green blades of grass. One blade was slightly bent and had a single glistening drop of water dangling from the very end. The caption was, "Remember ... the tallest blade of grass is the one the lawnmower gets first!"

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. I looking at that site. I could spend a fortune there. I like this one:

Challenges
trans_1x1.gif

I expected times like this - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent. I'm still reading.

NOOOO... this was so poetic.

Priorities
trans_1x1.gif

Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.
Now you guys stop. I'm wasting my days away on these sites.

Abbey​

Last edited: