Got a compliment on difficult child

TerryJ2

A friend called this afternoon and told me that she did an after-school presentation at difficult child's school. His girlfriend wanted to join Key Club, which I'd forgotten about or never heard of when I was his age ... and my friend is in charge of a Santa House event at a local club. They run the event every yr. In fact, I took difficult child there when he was little, and thought he'd be fascinated by the train that ran around the entire auditorium. Nope. He was more interested in climbing on things, such as the train track, which was waist height, and the stage, the tree (how do I remember these things?:sigh:).
So girlfriend talked him into it and there he is. After the talk, he walked up to my friend, extended his hand for a handshake, and said, "Hi, I'm T's son."
My friend said he was so personable and friendly. :) She said, "I hope you sign up for the Santa House."
He said, "I already did."
!!!
She was so sweet to call me. She said she knows that people often say bad things about difficult kids, and I might like to hear something good.:wootsmiley: Ya think?!!!!
Woo hoo!
difficult child came into the house this afternoon and immediately told me he had run into my friend at school, and repeated the story word for word. I did not tell him that I already knew.:likeit:

StressedM0mma

Wow!!!! You should be so proud of him. That is a great compliment. He should be proud of himself too. Not many TTs do this anymore. Way to go on raising a great young man.

TerryJ2

:hapydancsmil:Thank you all. Still smiling.
And one of my cats loves tapping the screen with-her paw to get at one of the emoticons ... too funny!:hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil:

Wiped Out

Staff member
So wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there was a "love" instead of "like" button I would click it:)

Gwenage

I know sometimes the school secretary saying how sweet and awesome my son is "We just love him up here. He's such a sweet, smart little guy. I hope he can get everything settled and not be upset so much." It's the only bright spot of going into that school. The principle only says how defiant and hard he is and how so she wants him out of her hair.

Im gonna thank her next time I see her. Thanks for the happy thoughts thread.

TerryJ2

Oh, Gwenage, that's great! Definitely, keep that secretary in your life. :) Your difficult child is a real person, not just a one-dimensional problem.