got a question about infant poop

witzend

That's not right. Mother's milk makes yellowish poop. Formula makes greenish brown poop. Is baby getting both?

DammitJanet

Only formula...and Witz...thats what I thought! I did seem to remember it was one color at the very beginning but changed to another color which I thought was a lightesh green color until food was introduced and then it was more brown unless certain foods were eaten and then heaven only knows then.

Cory was here today and said she finally went to sleep last night and it seemed like she was really fighting sleep and she finally went down and slept okay. He is going to get her in for another doctor appointment. He says thanks for all the info.

L

Liahona

When difficult child 1 had acid reflux I went to 3 different docs before someone believed me that something was wrong. Then they only believed me because my mom went to the appointment. They just wouldn't believe a first time mom.

svengandhi

My oldest boy was actually allergic to breast milk so we put him on Enfamil. Things got worse so we changed him on the advice of mother in law's neighbor, a NICU nurse, to Isomil. That helped a great deal. We just used Isomil for the rest of the kids when they weren't nursing. None of the others had the breast milk allergy.

tiredmommy

Duckie had gerd, though she seldom actually spit up. I got into a huge argument with the pediatrician over that but he finally relented and gave Duckie the test at six weeks, three days. My poor baby girl suffered in great pain for the first eight weeks of her life. She was incredibly fussy and remained fussy even during and after treatment was discontinued. She couldn't sleep well either and was exhausted, I think. Her startle reflex never really calmed down and, we found out much later, she was exhausted from nursing because she has a slight tongue tie.

I'd check these things out: GERD/infant reflux, tongue tie and watch for signs of sensory integration problems as she gets older.

DammitJanet

What are signs of tongue tie TM? What makes me ask that is McKenzie is CONSTANTLY sticking her tongue out of her mouth like an older baby would do if she was copying a grown up.