Got approval for treatment....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
emergency treatment was requested for kt; 3 months for stabilization was approved now we just need to find a bed.

Then kt has to "agree" to treatment. She knows she's in trouble yet she's trying her best to wiggle out of a treatment setting.

It really doesn't matter unless/until a bed opens. In the meantime, I'm to call crisis team any & every time kt's thinking becomes the least bit distorted.

There's another meeting of mental health care team (including psychiatrist) this coming Monday. Life moves forward.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
What IS it with these laws that they require the child to say yes?!

on the other hand, I am glad treatment was approved. Hugs, Linda...

exhausted

Im glad she can get stabilized. I hope people are there that can help her give permission. I think this is strange that a 16 year old, unstable child has all the cards! It is not the case here in Utah. Hugs to you and I hope this works out as you wish it to.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you got the approval. Saying prayers that kt will agree when the bed opens up. Have you thought about how you will handle things if she will not agree? It may be helpful to have a plan in case that happens. I will always think it is idiotic to require a minor's consent for medical/mental health treatment.

Praying for a bed to open up soon and for kt to be safe until that help is available!

pepperidge

can she be put in hospital as danger to herself against her will if need be? I know you can only do a short hold, but it might change the dynamic?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
psychiatrist's plan is to put kt on a 72 hour hold if necessary. So far, other than the hallucinations & weird behaviors, kt is being safe. No threats or actions of harming herself or others.

The fact that anyone with the diagnostic hx that kt has should be able to refuse treatment is obscene. Hurts all concerned especially kt.