Got "Sweetie'd" in the grocery store again!

donna723

This may be the South but it's still not acceptable for a teenage girl to "Sweetie" a total stranger who is old enough to be her grandmother! I'm sure she is not allowed to call her teachers "Sweetie" or "Honey" and she better not call me that either! And as someone else pointed out, it's that fake syrupy sweet tone she used that got me too. I saw the same girl in the store yesterday and I noticed that she did NOT refer to any of her customers that way! See, I taught her something! :D

flutterby

Fly away!
I was being facetious.

I hated being called those things by *anyone* I didn't know well. Some stranger over the phone at work calling me Sugar and Dumplin'. Puh-lease. Besides being fake, it's creepy. Ma'am, however, has never bothered me.

Up here we get the cashiers who either 1) act like they are doing us a favor by being there or 2) are too busy chatting with each other for you to ask them a question.

What is with the "Did you find everything ok?", question, anyway? Do they expect you to wait until you check out to say, "No, I couldn't find what I needed, but I filled up the whole dang cart anyway"?

The one I really hate? They have some trouble with people stealing by having items on the bottom of the cart and not taking them out to be rung up. I realize this is an issue, but when they ask, "Do you need help getting the items off the bottom of your cart?", before there is even room on the conveyor belt because of the person in front of you, it annoys the heck out of me. My response? "No one offered any help to put it there. I'm sure I'll manage."

I'm an honest person. I realize that some aren't, but I detest being treated as if maybe I weren't. One time, an employee actually pushed through my line and grabbed the things off the bottom of my cart without asking.

It must have annoyed enough people. They've stopped doing it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
haha, Heather. I'd always chuckle when some 90 year old lady who could barely walk wheeled up an overfilled cart when 12 pks. of soda were on sale. They'd ask for help to put them all on the belt, then put them back in their cart, then ask for help getting them into their car.

I'm standing there thinking...hmmm...she got them INTO the cart and she's going to have to get them INTO her house. Interesting.

Abbey

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My (big) dog eats an RX food that I have to get from the vet's. I get the 38lb bag because it is a considerable savings over two smaller bags.

Due to my back, I am not supposed to lift any real weight. The techs at the vet clinic always offer to put it into my SUV for me. I do kind of wonder if I could get one to follow me home so they could get it back out and up the stairs into my place, though.

Star*

call 911........call 911
mmmmm mmmm mmm mmmmm and mmmm ammmammm mmm

mmmm mmm because mmmm is a mmmm and then mmm mmm

said to his mmm You mm :tongue:.

That's about what a conversation here in South Kakalacky would consist of if you eliminated Honey, Darlin', Sug (pronounced SHUUUUG), Baby, Girlllllll freeeehnd, Little Angel, Sweetie, Sweetness, Hon, Luv, and Oh bless her heart...(which if said after ANY derogatory remark instantly forgives the transgressor to all within listening zone)

Ain't it' right? Then it'd be Mah Bad. Sho nuf. Nuf Sed. Aaaaaight?

Say it aint's so Janet! If I'm lying I'm dyin'.

You think I'm kidding. I most certainly am not. Shuuuug. ;)

Donna - I completely understand. My lee-tle cup cake. (running faster than a speeding bullet and hides beind a Boston for safe keeping)

DammitJanet

Bless her heart, bless your heart....gawd! ohhhh my gosh! Honey child! No no no!

Darlin' say it aint so, wees just cant be talkin without usin thesin words!

LMAO.

Keyana already says Oh my gosh! Honey and the best one yet....My gawd! All drawled out...lmao.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Grrrrreaaaat Day.....Oh mah Weeerrrrrd..... what in the WORLD....and Dudes new ones since trying to turn over a new leaf and not curse.

Oh my word I'm just so thankful, 'cause the one he'z usin' 4 that would make you just wanna cry. Now he's behavin' so well and all I could just bust. Why just th'otha day he made some brownies that wus so good. Make you wanna slap your grannie.

And yet none of this is offensive. True that. ;)

DammitJanet

Star...no one can understand Cory or especially Mandy if they call my phone. Just ask Heather...lmao. The Lumbee accent is so thick and so unique that you can tell a person from this county anywhere you go.

I dont ever get confused when I pick up the phone and here...Hey Ma. LMAO.