Gotta love difficult child thinking

Fran

Former desparate mom
difficult child calls my cell. husband answers it. difficult child asks if he can co sign a car loan for girlfriend. husband says "no" and hangs up.
I call back and ask what's going on. girlfriend wants to buy a car. The salesman says she needs a co signer because she is unemployed. She asks difficult child to co sign. ROFLMBO!!
I explain that no one will lend money to someone who has no income.
I think difficult child knew he shouldn't do something like this but didn't really know why not.
girlfriend has the same financial sense as difficult child. Gotta love their innocence.

T

TeDo

That is just sooooo like a difficult child. I know my difficult child 1 is headed in the same direction. He has no concept of money and would give the shirt off his back (or money from his wallet) to anyone he considered a friend (which at times is anyone he spends any time with). You're right....gotta love their innocence.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I do admit that we got a chuckle out of it.
Janet, husband does deal with one or two word answers when it comes to difficult child.
It's sad that they don't get what a co signer means. The good part is husband never and I mean never cosigns for anyone or anything. I guess difficult child did learn something. In his mind, he could co sign a piece of paper even though he didn't know that meant he would be responsible for it if girlfriend wouldn't pay for it. Again, neither has a source of income.
The calling for input was a good thing.

LittleDudesMom

You would think the car salesman would ask if difficult child qualified as a co-signer -- imagine the office story that would have been told if she filled out the paper work and he co-signed and then the paperwork went back to finance and they realized neither of them had a job!

I, too, like the way husband dealt with the issue -- he is so no fuss! I think never being a co-signer is a smart move on his part.

Sharon

buddy

Oh my, really? I love that he called. TeDo, Q would do that too...he gives stuff away...like our neighbor made him a bracelet, really nice genuine gems (it was gender neutral though) and one of the kids said that she liked it and taa daa! he gave it to her. I pray our neighbor never asks where it went. Q will be honest.

We had a little discussion about it, but these bigger life issues, I suspect he wont be alone enough to get that far but who knows once he is in some kind of "independent living program" If you asked him to sign something the only thing that might tip it off is that he signs in huge uneven letters only his first name! Well, that and he might be calling everyone in the place names if he is too excited about looking at all the cars. lol

invzbldog

Hi Fran

I sent a friend to the CD site and figured I'd log in and see who was still around from the old days. Our kids aren't in grade school anymore, but they still sound so much alike!