Gotta love sisters!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband, difficult child and I were at my dad and step-mom's yesterday for their 4th of July get together. All told there were probably about 20 people there - kids and adults - in addition to my folks and sibs. Everyone but us were spending the night either in various areas of the house, a tent or camper in the yard. Of course difficult child want's to spend the night too but we decided that it wouldn't be a good idea because there were already so many people staying. We got all of the "but...., I only...." type arguments and were interrupted whenever we started to say something. He got a little mouthy about it for a minute but I put my foot down, said no and we were done discussing it. What almost made me laugh out loud though was during one of difficult child's pleas when he got a little disrespectful. Both of my sister's were in the room and the older of the two, after hearing him get a little mouthy with me, whipped around, pointed at him and said "Don't you ever let me hear you disrespect her again!". Ordinarily that wouldn't sound out of place, right? Just a typical aunt chastising her nephew. LOL Well, this particular sister of mine is 19 (only 2 years older than difficult child), all of 5 feet tall and maybe 95 pounds soaking wet. (difficult child is at least 6' 1") husband and I both commented later that we had a hard time keeping a straight face when she said that. She's just soooo tiny and was sooooooo fierce looking when she said it. :warrior: <--------- Warrior Auntie!!!

Marguerite

Oh, yes! Way To Go, Aunty! No matter who, it always has more impact coming from someone other than parents. Even someone small and so young.

Marg

On_Call

Hee hee. I had to chuckle - I could just picture it! :smile:

Nice you have that support!!

Go, Aunty, Go!!! :warrior: