Gotta Love Them Schools

SRL

I just returned from the junior high where I abandoned all hope of them finding all the various asthma medication permission slips I'd already turned in and ran back in with copies which I had fortunately kept. Yes, I had the doctor fill out the school district form. Yes, I did my duty and signed the bottom and back of that form. And yes, having a vague memory of yet another form I asked at registration and they had me do the asthma plan form. Then I get a call (answering machine message) from the school nurse stating that he also needs a form signed by me to keep the inhaler in his gym locker. So I head back in this morning only to discover they had nothing on file, that the nurse claims not to have called me, and that they don't use an asthma plan form. :doctor: I'll never feel guilty again for slipping a contraband cough drop into my son's lunch bag.

That's almost as good as the new Power Woman Female Band Director who sent home a contract for parents and kids to sign. On it was a clause for performances stating the various acceptable reasons for missing performances, which included illness and death in the family. It went on to say they needed to give her a note in writing two weeks in advance so she could approve it. Now *that's* what I call being in control. :rofl:

Sheila

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It went on to say they needed to give her a note in writing two weeks in advance so she could approve it. Now *that's* what I call being in control. </div></div>

:smile: :rofl: :rofl: SNORT, SNORT! :rofl: :rofl: :smile:

Ever see the movie "Matilda"? With the awful principal at the school, Miss Trunchbull?

That is who I think of when I picture a demand for 2 week's notice for a death in the family.

SRL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstang67chic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I wasn't sure you didn't live in my town I would swear that was our school you were talking about! </div></div>

Wow, you have an incompetent school nurse too?! I told a friend about it and she said she turned those forms into the nurse 3 times last year and the last time told her she wasn't doing it again and sent her son on his way to gym with his inhaler.

Yesterday my son came home from a meeting and upgraded the power woman to "The Dictator". Are we still on the same page?

Another note of interest on the school front: this evening my difficult child was working on science homework and asked for help. I decided to google one of the terms to make sure I was on the same page as the teacher and lo and behold, five hits down not only found the term defined, but there was his whole assignment....with answers at the site. I didn't tell difficult child but it was pretty funny to hear him arguing with me given I used to teach high school science and had the answer key in front of my face. What do I know anyway? :wink:

F

flutterbee

You're just a mom; you know nothing. All mom's know nothing. However, all friend's moms' know everything. So do teachers, as long as said teacher is not the child's mom.

The fact that we've managed to survive to adulthood has been sheer luck. :wink:

SRL

Hey, guess what!? The school nurse just called asking if my son was going to keep his inhaler in his locker, and if so, that I needed to fill out the appropriate form. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

If this woman calls me once more, I'm calling the principal. I hope my kid never needs more than a band-aid from her.

DammitJanet

Hey SRL...send the nurse a note and tell her you hope she calls you more often because you have assigned her a really cute ringtone and cant wait to hear it play over and over again! Either that or tell her you have her set to vibrate and are just waiting to call...lmao.

SRL

LOL. You think a Twilight Zone ringtone would do the trick?

Maybe I could do a voicemail "If you are the school nurse calling about asthma medication forms, please press 8"

F

flutterbee

I'd mail them certified. Or hand deliver them and have her sign that she received them.

What a dingbat.

SRL

LOL on sending them certified. That would be funny pulling out the signed receipt. :smile:

Well, another day, another call from the school nurse...

This time a message left on my machine, telling me she'd found the forms and apologizing.