Gracie Died

susiestar

Roll With It
I knew last night she was holding on for us. husband kept saying she wasn't in pain, but she was. She just didn't show it to him as much because he was her human. She let me see. We were giving her fluids every hour or two, and they helped, but not enough.

I went in to her about 12:30 to check on her and she cried when I touched her. She kept trying to burrow into the blankets to hide from me. So I let her be.

husband went and got the kitten meal replacer today because he finally got paid. He brought it home and when he went in to check on her she was gone.

I know in my heart that there was nothing a vet could have done. I knew when she got so skinny it was almost over. thank you cried so hard he got sick. Jess is waiting until she can be alone to cry. I can't stop. husband won't cry yet. He started the "If I was a better man I would have a job and we could pay the vet" ****. He did stop when I told him it was unfair to the kids and I for him to say that.

Thank you for all your suggestions and ideas. I tried the ones I could and she was more comfortable because them.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Oh I am so sorry for your loss of Gracie. There is nothing quite like the pain we feel when we lose a beloved pet. I know you did the best you could for her, and I've no doubt that she knew it, too. Hugs.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So very sorry you lost her.:crying:I understand the pain and the guilt -- Hugs to you and your family.

nvts

Susie! I'm so sorry that Gracie passed. in my humble opinion, it's better that you didn't have a lot of veterinary intervention. My sister's dog had the same issues that you've described Gracie having and was diagnosis'd with cancer. Although she couldn't afford it, the vet let her invest over $5,000. dollars in chemo and radiation treatments that made the dog horribly ill and he died a year later. It wasn't an extra year that he lived, it was an extra year that he existed. And trust me - it was a miserable existance.

Gracie loved all of you...she may have been uncomfortable, but she died with love from her family. Know in your hearts that she had a wonderful life with all of you...

My heart and prayers are with all of you.

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks all. husband and the kids are burying her in my parents' yard where husband's bird and our Freckles and other fur wearing family members are buried. I have got the worst migraine and started an asthma attack AND thinking I was going to be sick, so they are doing it with-o me. husband is at least seeing that it is not about him or his job or lack of one. It is about her having a peaceful death at home.

thank you insisted on helping husband dig the grave because someday when he is a man he will probably have a cat. If he doesn't die before the cat then he should know how to bury her. His words. He is just an amazing young man.

M

ML

I am so sorry, Susie. I agree that it was unlikely a vet could have done anything more. As you know, we recently lost Mr. Kitten so I know what you are going through. I cried tears I didn't know I had. I am sorry for your family's loss. Hugs and love, ML