Graduation is right around the corner...

PatriotsGirl

Well, two more weeks...we have our exit plan interview tomorrow. I have already set up Celebrate Recovery meetings for us both - there is a women's session at a church down the road starting the day after she comes home and during her meetings are the parents' meetings. :) LOVE that! I also have a list of counselors that her insurance covers. She can meet with each one and decide who she feels comfortable with. I figure additional counseling can never hurt! So I am optimistic. The rehab has already read our exit plan and agreed it was a good one. I feel that she is set up for success. But we are keeping legal guardianship of Connor just in case. I want to make sure IF anything should happen that she cannot legally take off with him. Just being safe... :)

PatriotsGirl

Just remember this isn't the end of the story. It's just the end of the beginning... more chapters to come.

For sure!! We have our first Celebrate Recovery meetings on Monday evening and we both plan to join one of the small groups at church. :) My plan is to fill her time with good things - helpful things. Idle time is dangerous...meanwhile we had a great weekend this past weekend just being lazy around the house and then the whole family played Scrabble. It was so simple and yet so enjoyable!

My grandson has recently started saying "I love you" and this past weekend he echoed us when we said "I will miss you". Oh boy that little man just makes my heart melt!!!! He loves his nana and papa SO much! There is NO greater thing in the world to me than my grandson... <3

New Leaf

I am so happy for you PG. This is wonderful for you and your family.
Good, good news, thank you so much for sharing.
leafy