Granny pants guy and I am going to have to chat

Abbey

Spork Queen
His room is right next to mine. Fortunately, six days of the week he works nights. Last night was his one night home. He sleeps with his TV BLARING. To make it worse, he had WWF on AND my matress went flat. I finally went downstairs and slept on the couch for all of about 2 hours.

I'm a very light sleeper. I wear one of those mask thingys because I need it pitch black and no noise.

Oh, the new experience for me of having room mates.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yes, Abbey you'll have to have a chat. And maybe position him and his tv elsewhere in the house so that you don't have to hear it.

I use a noisy (and it has to be noisy) box fan in order to drown out background noise so I can sleep. One reason we stopped camping is because since I had no box fan I could hear every insect, night creature, and a tent full of everyone's nighttime noises that kept me awake all night and nearly drove me nuts.

Yep. husband has learned not to mess with my box fan, doesn't matter how cold it is. :rofl:

Hopefully you can come up with a workable compromise. 2 whole hours of sleep isn't gonna cut it.

Hugs

Marguerite

I use those squishy foam ear plug thingies and have done for years. Without them, I hear every little noise (including husband's breathing, and possums outside mating, and deer galumphing down the street).

I keep an ample supply and if I'm stuck without them, I make them out of papier mache.

The eye mask - you need a good one, not those cheap airline ones. I like the black silk/velvet ones with the black silk nose pieces, so NOTHING gets through.

The other option if the sound of the TV is bothering yo - get an iPod and go to sleep with the classical music of your choice. Alternatively, get some language lessons loaded onto the iPod and play those while you sleep - it might put your sleeping hours to more efficient use. You could work your way through the United Nations of language lessons...

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Want me to kick his behind for you. Ok I know that sounded very difficult child in my own right but I am annoyed with the world and would be happy to take it out on someone if need be.

Beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Want me to kick his behind for you. Ok I know that sounded very difficult child in my own right but I am annoyed with the world and would be happy to take it out on someone if need be.

Beth

Ha! I'll give you my address. Actually, I don't even know what it is.

I just opened his door as he hasn't emerged for a day and a half. I simply said, "Are you alive?" He said...yep.

Nuff said.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
[quoteincluding husband's breathing, and possums outside mating, and deer galumphing down the street)quote]

If I had to sleep with a man whose snoring sounded like possums mating I think I would have to leave him. :surprise:

Kinda makes the WWF bearable. :tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, mattress seems to be holding air now. There was this little plug thing that I neglected. (I'm technically challenged.):crying:

Granny pants has still not moved out of bed. Men are such...men. (sorry guys...you know it, but won't own up to it.):crazy2:

husband finally is on the road. I heard my birdies in the background on my cell. As much as they are annoying, I do love them. Not going into the whole story, but all I know is I have the day off tomorrow for some me time. (Sorry Star for the panicky call earlier.)

Big sigh and I'm putting my feet up to relax.

ps...(ok, I'm being 13) One of the guys who is in my book came in today. He's the Secret Service of the health dept. He took my Cod (thank God I had my gloves on) and sat down. I finally went up to him and asked him what his name is.

The banter was incredible. Why do you want to know my name? Is it important? Are you going to report me? (Report for what?)

No...I'm just a people person and would like to know it.

His name is Lexous (Irish), but goes by Red, as he had red hair at one point of his life, but not now. I don't think he's realized that.

Abbey

First thing I thought of (but then I am weird) is to put a pair of your granny panties on your head before you go talk to him.

You know. Kinda break the tension.