Grays Anatomy is back........

mstang67chic

Going Green
Did anyone see it???? (kind of a stupid question huh? lol)

Poor George.......I don't want to spoil it for anyone but does anyone else think what I think?

ScentofCedar

Ah!

You are not going to believe what happened to me last night.

When I saw the beginning scenes? The ones about George's father?

I thought it was yet another re-run of the ones they have been showing twice lately already AND I TURNED THE TELEVISION OFF.

You believe it???

It wasn't until husband turned it on again to catch the news ~ and we caught the end of what looked like this totally fascinating episode of G.A. (the part where everyone is looking directly into the camera, or into the other guy's eyes and Meridith is onscreen and then what ADDISON did ~ oh!

And then?

The dang news came on!!! :blush:

The announcer said something about this same episode being shown again tonight ~ but I don't think they do that down here.

Eight o'clock this evening though, I am going to try tuning in.

So, they must have started with new episodes, then?

You know how they break into some television shows with the sound of a full chorus singing "Halleluiah!"

Well, that is what is happening at my house, this morning.

husband should be up soon. :smirk:

Barbara

:smile:

Lothlorien

You can watch it online too, I think. Some of the stations are running the most popular stuff online the next day.

I think you should be able to watch it tonight though. I think Fran said she watches it both nights, just in case she missed something the night before.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Can someone please PM me and tell me what they think about George?? I think I know, but now I'm not so sure. And you wouldn't be ruining anything for me as I'm a GA addict now! Thanks!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Okay, not to spoil anything for Barbara, but who else laughed out loud while Callie did her 'stare-down' thing?! :rofl:

That helped balance out the 'hard' parts of the show.

Oh, and WHO can TELL me who the actress is playing the 17yr old with scoliosis? She reminds me of Linda Blair, but of course she CAN'T be Linda Blair...WHO is SHE?

Peace

donna723

Our local channel does NOT show GA again on Friday nights either, but some do. I have satellite TV and subscribe to the "distant network feeds" where I can also get network programming from both the East and West coasts, and usually one of those channels will be showing it. It costs a little extra, but I never miss Oprah or Dr. Phil anymore either! I just tune them in on the California channels when I get home in the evening! Works for me! :grin:

And I, too, thought the girl looked exactly like Linda Blair! I don't know who she was either, but even Linda Blair doesn't look like that anymore!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Before I forget, if you computer can support it, you can go to abc.com and watch previous episodes on the site.

I went there to see if I could find something on the girl but couldn't. That doesn't mean it's not there....just that I couldn't find it. She does look like Linda Blair though. Maybe there's a site out there that tells you these things?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Her name is Mae Whitman, not related to Linda Blair as far as I could tell. She has done some other TV work and some movies, but none that I could remember her role in. She does have a memorable face and in the back of my mind I do recall her in something....I'll keep digging.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just found where I remembered her from. She played the president's daughter in Independence Day (starring Will Smith). She was alot younger then, but she was born in 1988, so she's not even 20 yet.

Well, a memorable episode!! Yes, husband and I laughed at Callie's "stare down" too! Addison, oy vey! Starting something there huh?

Isn't Meridith's (sp?) sleeping habit a crack up? Driving poor Dr McDreamy to sleep everywhere!! Too funny!

Poor George! Makes me sad to see him like that!

Can't wait till next week!!

Hugs,
Vickie

kris

<font color="blue">george just breaks my heart all the time. he's my favorite character i think.

i love callie & the stare~down. how funny was that??

.....and the beautiful, heartbroken izzie. ya know what she's gonna want to do....should do it anomynously but where's the drama in that lol.

kris </font>

ScentofCedar

Oh, Nomad ~ do try to watch it.

There is so much in it that gets us thinking about our own lives. Deep stuff too, I think. One of the more interesting questions I had at the end of the last season was what value the head of the hospital (the one who had the affair with Meridith's mother) would place on his wife. Which would he value more, his career and the prestige and connectedness it brought him, or...his wife?

I am waiting for that episode, and for that character to realize his wife is where his real life is.

He has been talking about retiring, remember?

I just can't wait to see how this will be handled.

The issue of Meredith's abandonment, the way she cherishes and listens and loves her mother, even when the mother does not know who she is.

All of those things give me chills...........

Remember the time the mother broke through that fog of Alzheimer's one time, and truly hugged her daughter?

Chills, again.

And as for the other things I missed last night!!!

Well...a lesson learned, I guess.

And I have to admit that I turned the television off because I was miffed at the number of reruns.

That will teach me!

(I DID get to see Meridith's sleeping attire, by the way. It was too funny!)

But I don't know anything else that happened.

I love it that we come here and think together about everything, too.

Izzie is also a hero of mine. I saw her take George's hand last night, but I don't know what that meant.

Now, what could be happening to George, of all people?

I hope it is on here, tonight.

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
[ QUOTE ]
She played the president's daughter in Independence Day

[/ QUOTE ]

AHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much! That was really bugging me.

And I did love THE STARE DOWN. :rofl:

Suz

O

OTE

I thought it was one of their better episodes. As said above, so many things to love about it. So many little sub plots. So much that they had to make it a 2 part episode. LOL.

Now so much of it seemed obvious, and they did show a lot in the previews for next week. But it can't all work out as easily as you would expect or it wouldn't be any good.

So if the Chief wants to retire why didn't he just nominate McDreamy for Chief? Did I miss something where Mc Dreamy said he didn't want the job? Why wait for what might or might not happen in months and months from now with the other guy's hand? And how weird is that between him and Christine anyway?

ScentofCedar

I KNOW!

I love Christina.

She is so cold, so calculating.

That is JUST how I am going to be, one of these days when I have finally analyzed myself to normalcy.

:laugh:

Barbara

O

OTE

My cable guide says that the first year is starting this Sunday night on Lifetime channel at 11 pm. Anyone else miss the first season? It's like 2 new episodes a week to me! LOL

Ephchap

I love this show! Gotta love Bailey. There are many other characters I love too, but I think Bailey tops the list.

According to the TV Guide recap of the show, the young gal you are wondering about played a part in Arrested Development and also Desperate Housewives earlier this season (? I don't watch AD and don't remember her on husband, but that's what it said. It must have been a small part.)

I think the scene that teared me up the most was when George tried to prepare his mom and brothers for how his dad would look post-surgery, and then he couldn't even go in. Meredith coming over to him and the clutching of the arm had me sobbing.

Great show. I'm soooooo glad it's back on. It seems like forever since we've seen a new one.

Deb

ScentofCedar

GA WAS on last night!

Know what my favorite thing was? It was the way McDreamy smiled at Meredith while she snored.

Now, wasn't that just the sweetest thing.

And I liked it that the writer gave McDreamy morning mouth, too ~ and then, had him not even deny it. Remember that? When he tested his breath and then, went and brushed his teeth?

That was my favorite part.

And the way the actor who plays George was able to fool with that catheter bag so convincingly!

So funny and sweet.

Barbara