great first support group!!

Leigh

Hi everyone,

I had my first support group meeting, It went really well, 6 people showed up. My boss gave me access to the daycare where I work. Hearing the other mother's stories reminded me that my world could be so much worse. Some of the mom's are also special education teachers and that helped answered alot of questions for some of the other moms. We meet angain in two weeks. It was so nice to have people to talk to that understood and could relate.

Tanya:satisfied:

TerryJ2

That sounds great, Leigh/Tanya, especially that there are some "pros" in the group.
That doesn't mean they don't have their moments--at home. ;) But it really helps to know what to expect.
Can you type in a profile so we know the ages of your kids and what their dxes are?
Thanks!
by the way, I'm in VA, too.
I'm taking a bet you're in the northern part.

klmno

Another Virginian here! It's great to be able to compare notes in person- I'm glad the meeting went well!

Leigh

Actually, I am about hour away from Northern Virginia. Good to know that their is others in Virginia. I would love to compare notes!!! The computer is no my thing. My son probably knows more than me. I am just now getting the hang of it. So my profile should hopefuuly be on the bottom of this thread. Hope to hear from you both soon. I will keep you updated on the meetings, next one is coming up soon!!!

Thanks for answering
Tanya:redface: