Great, looks like me and Octo-Mom will be neighbors...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
well, in the same part of the county, anyway. Marcie, you'd better check the local news before you try to venture out this way from now on!

Not to dredge up more dirt on this subject, but it's hitting closer to home than I ever thought it would. It just adds one more freakish element to the fantasy-land atmosphere in this place everyone's come to refer to as "The O.C." Do ya think there'll be a spot for her on "The Real Housewives of Orange County" ???

I can tell you I won't be shopping in La Habra any time soon!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
A 4 bedroom home for 16 people? I'd like to know how that's so much better than the 2 or 3 bedroom home that 8 or 9 were just living in...

Hope the hospital keeps them.

susiestar

Roll With It
Such a crazy situation. I hope CPS or whomever takes the kids, or at least keeps a VERY close eye on them. If I were the dad I would be P****. Mostly because she has no way to support all the kids and surely he worries if they are OK?

Sorry they are so close to you. I hope the press, etc... is not too annoying!

donna723

Did they not say that she had finally accepted the offer to have the volunteer nurses come in to care for the babies when they get out of the hospital? She turned the offer down at first, which was absolute lunacy! Still, that won't go on forever, and a four bedroom house is still too small for fourteen kids and three adults! I feel kind of sorry for the grandparents, but I really do hope that CPS steps in and takes those children!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I am really sick of seeing her on TV every night. I am glad she moved into someone else's neighborhood and not mine. She is at least a lot closer to the school she was attending and plans to go back to, and the Brea Mall is almost in her backyard. Her latest PR person quit saying she was nuts, but Dr. Phil has come to her rescue and has done damage control for her.

I just gotta wonder about that whole family. The house of her mom's she was living in was being foreclosed on, and that is the THIRD house they foreclosed on in a few months that the parents owned. Now this new house, they put down 100,000 and change as a deposit - monthly payments are like 3,000 and change, and wasn't the dad JUST on Oprah a few weeks ago saying he is down to 100.00 in his checking account? How in the heck can you get a loan after being involved in three foreclosures? Cops at her house 11 times in a year because of the kids, some of them gone missing or have locked themselves in rooms, and such

At least she has taken up Angels in Waiting's offer for premie care for a few months - its the only sensible thing shes done. Am just waiting for the wanna be's to start popping up.

Marcie

I think these people know very well how to work the system to their advantage and taught octomom to do the same.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm DEFINITELY checking the news radio before I go to that mall again!

And NO WAY I'm sending any of my kids to that school as long as she's there!

by the way, I thought I'd read that Cal State schools were turning students away now because of the budget crisis?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Is it true that Dr. Phil paid for the house? That's what I heard on the radio this morning.

I don't know what to say or how to feel about her or those babies. I heard she admitted it was a mistake for her to have all those babies. I couldn't care less about her or her parents, but my heart sure does go out to those little beans and their siblings. It's so sad.

gvc, you have my sympathies. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near them.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I don't know why this story irritates me so much, but it DOES! As I'm flipping through the channels and land on Dr. Phil, he is touting how he thinks this woman is trying and genuinely loves her children....... that still doesn't mean that she is dealing with a full deck. With all the help she is getting it just delays how long CPS can step in and find other families for these kids. After the notoriety fades she will be alone with her parents to raise all these kids and some will still have physical problems. We all know she doesn't have the ability to dig herself out of this alone, so we know the government will step in. Now I don't have a problem with someone who is down and out and through circumstances they can't control end up getting help from government, but when you deliberately bring these kids into the world with no plan for their care, no job to provide for them and relying on parents for housing and childcare...... give me a break! (Or give them a break.......) Let her provide for the kids she had prior to the octos and find the new 8 homes elsewhere...... yeah, it's good I'm not king cause I would be trampling all over her civil rights....... thanks for letting me vent and I know it will not happen as I have outlined....... Just would wish the same "help" for those who didn't make their own "mess"........

BusynMember

Now I know why I never watch Dr. Phil.

I think this woman is crazy, but the doctor who agreed to do the invitro was even crazier and her parents, who put up with her garbage, are the craziest of all.

Sorry she'll be moving your way.

Nancy

I don't understand how the house they are living in can be in foreclosure but the dad can buy another house. Shouldn't he have to pay off the first one with any money he got? I heard he is paying for it with donations.

Nancy