Great movie

Nancy

We all went to the movies alst night and saw The Great Debaters. What a great movie. It got easy child and difficult child asking a lot of questions about racism in our country.

I would recommend this movie to everyone. It ranks right up there with one of the best movies I ever saw.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have that on my list of WANT 2 C movies Nancy - thanks for posting it was as good as I thought it would be.

Has anyone seen the Golden Compass?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I really want to see The Great Debaters but it isn't at the theater close to home yet (just too lazy to go across town). I plan on getting to it in the next week some time.

I did see Charlie Wilson's War last night and that was really good!

Another one I want to see is The Kite Runner!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so happy- there are several good possibilities out there now. Oprah featured Denzel and that movie last week, Nancy. She couldn't stop raving about it.

I went to see "Sweeney Todd" the other day. I have a tape of the George Hearn/Angela Lansbury Broadway show and I love it, even though it's a grisly topic. I was impressed with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter but it had a decidedly darker-Tim-Burton (think Sweeney ToddScissorhands) spin and was much more gruesome. Still, a movie I'd recommend if you have a strong stomach. The music is fabulous.

Suz

Lothlorien

I saw an article about Denzel recently. He had gone to a Military hospital, where they had many buildings set up for soldiers to recuperate. He had apparently asked how much it would cost to build one and took out his checkbook and wrote out a check for the amount. It wasn't done pretentiously. He just did it. He seems like such a good person. I've always liked the way he handles himself in the real world.

LittleDudesMom

Susie, thanks for the recommendation. Both easy child and I want to see Sweeney Todd. Wish bonehead were around so we could go......

I still want to see Enchanted - I didn't hear much buzz about it but it looks so cute - anyone seen it?

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
Anyone seen the movie about Rwanda's Civil war in 1994? Can't remember the name...

And the Golden Compass?

Anything FUNNY out there?

Sweeny Todd gruesome, but he's so handsome - even with a pale face and razors - rrrrruff

svengandhi

My 11 year old enjoyed The Golden Compass (class trip) and his teacher said she liked it, too.

17 year old (Aspie) saw Sweeney Todd. This boy plays Halo 3 and other such video games. He told me "Mom, don't go see Sweeney Todd, It's so gruesome, it will give you nightmares!"

My teenaged daughter really liked Enchanted even though neither of us can stand that cheater from Gray's Anatomy that was in it.

The Rwanda civil War movie was called "Hotel Rwanda" I think.

The last movie I saw was "Transformers" but I did like it enough to buy the DVD.

Star*

call 911........call 911
AH yes gandhi (bows and rolls hands towards the master)

It is Hotel Rwanda! The previews look riveting.

Transformers was really good - I got it as a rental and DF just rolled his eyes - and I heard more ooooo whoooos out of him during that movie so I made him take rolling his eyes back.
(I picked a good one)