Great saturday morning!

Andy

:abouttime::playingball::beach::crazydriver::beautifulthing:
Within 2 hrs, we will be on our way for a family vacation. WooHoo!

A weird coincindence happened to me as I left work yesterday. I was a in meeting until 2:30 and went back to my desk. We have cards to get through locked doors and my desk is in the office area of the men's locked unit - 2 doors to go through. I locked up my desk, took my purse from the employee break room, and headed out. Yes! I am all caught up at work FINALLY! and feel so good about leaving knowing there is not undone work left behind. I get to the main doors of the unit and my card will not work! What? So, I head back to my desk and the card wouldn't work to let me in the office corridor either! :( But I am on vacation, I want out! :( I walked to the unit office and saw a staff member working on the card machine. I asked her to let me out.

I thought it was a joke because I put a piece of paper up on my mailbox at the recepition area stating "closed" on it hoping that will keep away work. However, no one seemed to be a culprit so it was just a coincidence.

The kids and I are pretty much packed. husband told me last night that he has not started to pack yet! :919Mad: I told him we would be stopping along the way (gas this morning and to get juice and donuts for breakfast and probably a fast food drive through for lunch) and need to leave EARLY. I get so frustrated when he is the one to ALWAYS hold us up. All he does is pack and turn off the water (another of my pet peeves).

So, I best get going. Gotta dress and get difficult child's and my stuff in the van (plus all the extras that everyone will want and think my responsibility such as camera, snacks, jackets, bug spray, ect. ect. - you all know what I mean - but I best not be the one to hold us up! :)

It will be a great time - I just need to get past the pre-leaving stress. I don't know if I will have access to computer until Wednesday night.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Andy-Enjoy your vacation!!:beach: I'm sorry you had such a hard time leaving work yesterday-sounds like something that would happen to me. I hope husband is packed and you are soon on your way!

difficult child is up and making me sing with him on his DSi. My singing voice recorded is not good, having it recorded he could blackmail me;)

husband is going to take difficult child to a movie this morning (the Transformer one). Not sure what else is on the agenda other than the health club and napping. I do plan on reading more of the new Stephanie Plum book.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Andy and Sharon,

Andy, hopefully you are about ready to head out the door. I hate to say it, but it really seems the "mom" is the planner and packer and the "dad" just goes along.......Have a great vacation!

Sharon, I think easy child is taking difficult child to Transformers tomorrow - she's working a wedding this afternoon and evening. Sounds like a nice mellow day for you.

Bonehead and easy child's trip to IKEA was a great success - she got everything she needed for the apartment. Fortunately she liked a lot of the IKEA stuff that was purchased for the model apartment and bonehead is letting her have her pick of that stuff - so, combined with those things and the stuff from her trip yesterday, she's ready! Little things like towels, kitchen stuff are still needed, but the big stuff is done....

Not much on my list for today. Mom comes on Tuesday to stay for a couple days on her way down to Charlotte for the 4th and a couple weeks visit with family so I'll get her bedroom and bathroom ready today. Other than that, I'm hoping for a nice summer weekend nap!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Andy, I'm glad you finally got out of the place to get awayon holiday. Maybe you were swiping your card upside down? Or did you have it in your wallet next to other cards with a magneticstrip? It is easy to scramble swipe cards, husband has worked in a building with a strong magnetic field and they often had trouble with people's swipe cards. Enjoy your break.

Sharon/WO, singing on DSi is a lot of fun. When we have big family get-togethers the kids all get out the SingStar and play in teams. It's a load of fun but very noisy.

Sharon/LDM,Ikea is a great one-stop shop for furnishing a new apartment. For anything else, especially on a budget - try op-shops or garage sales.

The busy time has started for me, in spades. This morning mother in law rang, she had a problem with a scam text message and didn't know what to do. She arrived to ask me to help, just as I got out of the shower. So we went online to find out about it, then we reported the scam to various authorities. After that I had half an hour to get breakfast, take my medications, do some last-minute writing and then head out Occupational Therapist (OT) my meeting. I had to stop to buy afternoon tea on the way. At the meeting I also had to do a small presentation.
We left just on sunset, the air was getting cold and my throat was getting very 'itchy' with this cough.
I got home after dark but got inside without any coughing, thank goodness. Because I'd planned ahead, we had dinner cooked, all I had to do was finish off the casserole. husband cooked some mashed potato. We've had a quiet evening watching one of my new DVDs I got for my birthday.

Tomorrow husband is heading to the train club for a public day but I am planning to stay home. I thik being outdoors, even in the middle of the day, is not a good idea with the cough still hanging around. I have to go in to the school on Monday, resting tomorrow would be a very good idea.

And now it's almost midnight and time for bed.

So goodnight all, talk tomorrow. Enjoy your Saturday. Mine as very productive.

Marg