Great website for low cost textbooks!

Kathy813

Staff member
I just heard about this site yesterday when listening to a consumer advocate radio show. This company rents textbooks for a specified time and then you send them back at the end of that time. Shipping is free (both ways) and the company is highly recommended by Clark Howard, a consumer advocate.

I checked easy child's textbooks for this semester and by renting them instead of buying them we can get all four for $153.00!! I have never spent below $400 on her textbooks before.

The website is: www.chegg.com

I wish I had found this place when I was still in graduate school. by the way, if you order the wrong book they have a full refund, no questions asked for 30 days policy. Also, if you are not satisfied with the condition of a book that they send you, you can return it for free and they will send you another one.

~Kathy

svengandhi

What was the turnaround on shipping?

My daughter is going back to college in 3 weeks but they haven't posted her book list yet. I could have them shipped to her but we had issues with Amazon last semester so I'm concerned. I had to order her a whole new set of books at the college store.

Kathy813

Staff member
From their websiwte:

All orders placed starting now will be eligible for $4.99 Flat-rate UPS 2nd day air and FREE 4~7 business days Priority Shipping. We guarantee delivery of your textbooks at the time your order is placed.

Please note: all guaranteed shipping dates include UPS holidays.

crazymama30

I googled cheap used text books and got some great deals from all different booksellers. Abe books was one of them. I saved several hundred dollars a term.

Kathy813

Staff member
I have used several different websites for getting cheap used textbooks. www.half.com is a good one.

The Chegg site, however, even beat half.com by over a hundred dollars. Of course, if you want to keep your textbooks this site won't work for you.