Great xmas gift ideas for men..HELP NEEDED

N

Nomad

HELP! I"m at a loss as to what to get my hubby for xmas.
Ironically, I just discovered a long lost bank account and have a few hundred dollars to spend. The banker lady said "Now, you can go xmas shopping!" I was thrilled...until I realized I don't have a clue as to what to get! And to make matters worse, he recently went through something difficult health wise AND he has been a Godsend with reference to difficult child.
husband likes cars (not going to happen!...LOL!), computers, watches....and has what he needs in those areas.
He doesn't really have a hobby.
Have you heard of any GREAT gift ideas for men?

Many thanks and
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :snowman:

exhausted

Would he read a car mag? My guys like the ones they get. There are many for specific brands, "Superchevy", old cars etc. I saw this cool record player that plugs into the computer and you can burn your old LPs. My son makes a list of car stuff to buy from a company called Jegs. Maybe there is a car accessory. Also, hubby got a new radio/cd player for truck that is HD-it has great sound and tons of channels. You can see what is playing as it rolls along the screen. (Really great). Men are tough!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Does he like to play computer games? Maybe something to "beef" up his computer like more memory or a better video card. Or perhaps an expansion pack to a favorite video game?

How about a really really nice pocket watch like men used to carry that is engraved with something special from you?

If you come up with anything great, let me know. Travis has me utterly stumped as usual. It doesn't help he usually buys what he wants before anyone else can get the chance. ugh

InsaneCdn

Car-guys ALWAYS have a wish-list... but you won't necessarily know what that is...

The magazine idea... is a gift that keeps on giving. But you have to know his taste in cars.
Car accessories... if he's casually mentioned something.
Some are small... like the over-the-middle-hump garbage can I got husband one year for his truck... which he still has years later (not the truck - this garbage can... he's dreaming of someday having a truck again)

If he travels by vehicle a lot... make him up a road-safety kit. Not one of those bought ones... but a back-pack with a pillow, sleeping bag, sack of smarties, heat-in-a-can, a couple light aluminum camping pots (for boiling water)... (how can you tell we live in snow-bound Canada!) Its a kit that just lives in the vehicle all the time.

If he cares about his vehicle but doesn't have time to clean it the way he really wants to... get him a gift certificate to a good car detailing company.

Andy

My hubby is getting an atomic clock - google Kohls and search atomic clock in their site for a large variety of shapes, sizes and prices. The one I am getting him I did not see on-line when showing a co-worker today. It has time, date, alarm clock, indoor and wireless outdoor temps. Kohls has them for $30 (marked down from $60). You may be able to get them elsewhere but I haven't really seen them around at other places. For my husband, I figured he could travel with it although it may be a little too big to pack - we will see. They are battery run and once the time is set you never have to reset it. It will even switch with day light savings. I have one in the kitchen and it is awesome for time change days and when the electricity goes out.

How about a GPS system? (I love my tomtom - also a wide variety of prices - pay a little more for the large screen - I can't imagine having a smaller screen than mine is) It is not right for everyone. If he is easily distracted while driving don't get one.

Does his emergency kit for the vehicle need updating? (or make a box of your own with blanket, hat, gloves, foldable shovel, a bag of small rocks to use for traction under wheels or the chains to put on the tires, flashlight - maybe the cranking kind as batteries fade over time, tablet and sharpened pencil/pen/marker)

Does he need a dress up suit (weddings, funerals, ect)? Always nice to have one on hand just in case - include a pair of socks, shoes, belt, everything to be stored in one place so when needed it is all there.

Plan a weekend get away for the two of you? A concert or event he would enjoy? Tickets to a ball game?' Clothing from his favorite sports team (jackets, sweathirts, ect).

SRL

Leatherman Multitool
LED flashlight
GPS (I've had both Garmin and Tomtom and thought the Garmin was far easier to use if that helps with buying the distractable)
Beef Jerky
TV, DVD player, or radio for the garage or shop
Buy/replace his favorite tv series on blue ray
Ipad

At our house it's perfectly fine not to buy when one of us adults doesn't have any needs or wants in the affordable range.

trinityroyal

Nomad, I'm not sure how deeply int computers your husband is. If he's a real tech-head like my husband, he'll love the items on this site:

ThinkGeek :: Gadgets

You've already gotten some great ideas. I just thought I'd throw this one in.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I'm with Hearts and Roses on this one...

Give him an experience he'll never forget: tickets, passes, rides, something like that...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
A portable GPS unit for the car, or maybe a years subscription to Sirus/FM radio. I got 4 months free with my new car purchase, and we both love it - I like to listen to talk radio in the car, SO's thing is 80 hair bands :( but the Sirus has comedy channels and Mystery Channel with old time radio programs. A metal detector (we are just a drive away from the beach so SO likes to drag that out with him sometimes. I just ordered a little thing that looks like a lighter for the car for him, but it actually makes the car (inside) sound like a Ferrari LOL

Marcie

DammitJanet

If nothing else, if he likes reading, movies, games and the such...you cant go wrong with either the new Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet. Especially if he ever has to travel he wont have to take a laptop with him again. These serve the purpose as well for that.

Steely

I said this on the other post, WOOT has sorta become my new best gift friend. They have deals on all sorts of electronics for really cheap.
You could also give him a night away from home, just you and him, at a hotel, beach house, etc. Romantic, huh.