Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Hi all;

E has been home for 3 weeks now. He is 19 in October and he has matured tremendously in his 6 month program. He is respectful, helpful and tidy....very tidy.

He has a full time job as a welders apprentice and works long hours, is up early 05:45 and works from 6 to 4:30. Is enrolled in school. He plans to become an electrician and then obtain a PEng. Great goals and he is putting in the effort so far.

He struggles to get up and we are still working on that. At least he does get up and does go to work, this is a far cry from where we were a year ago with him on the street and couch surfing, drugged out of his mind.

We have spent the weekend in the town where he went to his rehab. He spoke at the fundraiser and then we all participated in a bike ride. He completed a full 55 km ride I am so proud of him! He is speaking today at a recognition ceremony that we are all attending and he will receive a recognition certificate for completing the program.

I don’t care to think beyond today at this moment. We are just enjoying a fun family weekend together and it has been a long time coming.

I read your posts and keep up with all of you. I am blessed for all of your support.

We go to court on Oct 11 and the crown (DA) is willing to dismiss his adult charges for his succesfulntime spent in rehab. We still have to see about his juvenile possession charges. Fingers crossed he will be able to move on from here with a clean slate.

He is in a post care program and sees a therapist as well for ongoing counseling. This is very important to continued success with his healthy life.

Nature

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your family.

The early morning hours are a killer and difficult for many of us and yet E is doing it! Good for him! He sounds as if he is committed to changing his life. You have a right to be proud.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
He is doing well. You have to expect a few bumps in the road at his age!

Enjoy TODAY!

:bpotd:

Littleboylost

It's still so weird to have him do things when you ask him to do them. Be home when he's supposed to be. And being just a normal kid or young man at this point. It's almost surreal. Like someone else went through this past 4 years of hell. So far so good fingers crossed.

Copabanana

He is respectful, helpful and tidy....very tidy.
LBL. I don't know how I missed this thread but this is all wonderful. It sure seems like every single attitude and behavior was related to the drug addiction...and he has confronted that...and has used the experience in the service of becoming a wonderful young man, on the way to becoming a wonderful adult.

You fought for him every step of the day....Did he ditch the girl?

I think it is marvelous that he is being recognized for his achievement and even more so that he is stepping into the light. He seems to have a lot of personal stature and confidence. More than is usual at his age. Which in itself is remarkable. But the most remarkable is that he seems to not have been traumatized or even marked at all by the years that he was in crisis. So many blessings. I am so happy for you.

Littleboylost

LBL. I don't know how I missed this thread but this is all wonderful. It sure seems like every single attitude and behavior was related to the drug addiction...and he has confronted that...and has used the experience in the service of becoming a wonderful young man, on the way to becoming a wonderful adult.

You fought for him every step of the day....Did he ditch the girl?

I think it is marvelous that he is being recognized for his achievement and even more so that he is stepping into the light. He seems to have a lot of personal stature and confidence. More than is usual at his age. Which in itself is remarkable. But the most remarkable is that he seems to not have been traumatized or even marked at all by the years that he was in crisis. So many blessings. I am so happy for you.

TerryJ2

Excellent on all counts! I am so relieved and happy. I hope that he stays on this track. It sounds like his work is interesting and productive and he is motivated. And spending time with you!

mentalcase

Thanks for posting this! I needed a good recovery post today. My 17 year old son is couch surfing and using, with felony charges and a future court date where it looks like they might be taking probation off the table thanks to reoffending. He is barely going to school, his court ordered counseling appts. I have very minimal contact with him through social media. Anyways, I'm so happy your son made it through to the other side. I still have hope my son son is still in there, somewhere deep beneath all the drugs and addiction.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Thanks for posting this! I needed a good recovery post today. My 17 year old son is couch surfing and using, with felony charges and a future court date where it looks like they might be taking probation off the table thanks to reoffending. He is barely going to school, his court ordered counseling appts. I have very minimal contact with him through social media. Anyways, I'm so happy your son made it through to the other side. I still have hope my son son is still in there, somewhere deep beneath all the drugs and addiction.

He is in there. Don't give up hope.

Take care of yourself and let him know that you love him and will help him WHEN he is read to lead a life he can be proud of.