Grrrrrr......Eeyore stole again!!!

JJJ

I did also sell some of his stuff. I charge him triple the amount stolen (same as a court would order here). I emptied his account, returned his homecoming outfit to the store and took the homecoming stuff he bought at school away from him (it is nonrefundable but I am hoping to be able to exchange it for Piglet's size).

The fact that we saw guilt and remorse so quickly this time was hopeful. In the past, it use to take a therapist visit and her walking him through his logic and then pointing out where his thought pattern went wrong before he would get it at all.

I was so tempted to take his computer but all of his "coping skills" are tied to it. It is already locked down so he can only visit a very few websites (the ones he needs for school mostly).

I did not tell him but I am back to not taking him into a store with me. He has sticky fingered twice from retail stores, although it has been about two years and both times were when he was with husband. I just don't trust him. Doubt I ever will.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear. You are doing all the right things.

I did not tell him but I am back to not taking him into a store with me. He has sticky fingered twice from retail stores, although it has been about two years and both times were when he was with husband. I just don't trust him. Doubt I ever will.

You're doing all the right things. My husband still hides his wallet when difficult child comes over, just from the past trauma of him stealing. The worst is when you think they're doing well and then it's a slap in the face when the stealing starts. My difficult child would sell stuff from the house, or give our stuff to people as gifts.

I recall buying a pack of socks for someone and having to hide it in a drawer, because he would take it and not even be sorry, not even bother lying, he didn't care. Anyway he HEARD me hiding it, it was long gone by the time I noticed it missing.

My point is, come down hard on him, extra hard, so he really stops. It's awful to feel so violated by your own child.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We still lock our bedroom... Onyxx hasn't stickyfingered anything we know of in a long time, but...

buddy

I am so sorry this happened but am impressed by your response. I hate that feeling of thinking you're almost over an issue and then.... ugggg back to the huge stress.