GRRRRRR - How stupid is this?!

DammitJanet

This is strange because it could really effect certain populations. Just think, if a person simply had straight medicare with no added plan, they have to pay 20% of every visit. So instead of just having to pay one 20% for one visit they have to pay three 20%'s. That really add's up when you are living on a fixed income.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yes Janet and also for folks who have to meet a $4000 deductible like myself! I'm in the office now, waiting on her....I'll let you know how it goes. Pita.
:p

susiestar

Roll With It
New doctor time if this is how the doctor handles things. My doctor likes it when I write all the questions down and we work through the list - it is how I know I haven't forgotten anything. He doesn't always treat everything that time, with an rx at least, because he likes to make 1 or 2 changes at a time. I like that because then I know what is working and what isn't, and if he did four or five changes at a time then I would have no clue what helped and what didn't. But he still discusses everything so we can decide together what is the msot important thing to change now.

I would ditch this doctor and tell her why if seh stuck to this stupid rule.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, well well...seems it helps (A LOT!!) to see my dr with a list of symptoms! She came in, began asking me my symptoms and I began reading off my list, it fell, she picked it up and copied it into my chart, even the part about my toe! She checked everything else then asked to see my toe! Hahahaha.

I have an appointment for bloodwork in the morning: lyme, RA, CBC/anemia, and something else I forget. But she's looking for anything related to inflammation and said she will treat me for Lyme even if it comes back negative because she believes I have all the markers for it. She also upped my celebrex to twice a day. And then we will re do the bloodwork in six weeks.

So, for now, I am very relieved. What was funny is that several of you thought it was the nurses, and I didnt this it was. Regardless, I think what they didn't know is that my dr likes me...she knew I was annoyed about it and when she saw the list, her entire demeanor changed. I still think it's an f-ed up rule but she overruled it for me and I got all the answers I was looking for. When I told the nurse on the way out that she discussed everything with me, she shrugged and raised her eyebrows, I couldn't read her. Maybe it was all the nurses.

For now the oxy is working for pain,along with Tylenol and hopefully the added celebrex will help too. If after all the treatmentim still in pain, we can address it again and change things up.

InsaneCdn

Good ol' Warrior Mom approach works again... go in armed with knowledge and everything documented, and... it usually helps!