Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *A vent*

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ladies, I may have to kill him. My husband, that is.

My student loan refund came in today and I went to the bank to cash it. Teller asks me if I'm aware that my house payment for April has not been paid? I said no, I wasn't aware. Take it out of the check I'm cashing.

husband did not make April's house payment. He didn't pay the trash bill. He didn't pay the electric until it was shut off. He didn't pay the phone until it was nearly shut off. Last month we went 3 days without car insurance because he didn't make the payment.:grrr::nono:

Obviously, husband is up to his old tricks of not paying bills and keeping the cash for himself while telling me bills are paid and we have no money.

Last time I bought groceries was 7 wks ago, other than the meat I demanded husband pick up the other day. Those groceries were paid for by my last student loan refund!:mad:

He's home from work. Time for hades to break loose.

KTMom91

Yep. been there done that, and divorced Husband 2.0 (Useless Boy) for similar activity. I know how you feel.

eekysign

That's an end-all-be-all thing with me. You don't make any BIG financial mistakes that could affect my quality of life.

There are very few things that could get me to walk away from someone, that's one of them. Dunno quite why. Money-hoarders, spendthrifts, etc - about the biggest turn off I can think of.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Yup! Know the feeling! Can you take over paying the bills? I managed to wrest the financial power from husband. I feel much better now!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'd be pretty p.o.'d, too. What's with the financial irresponsibility? Is he a difficult child, too?

'Chelle

We got a couple shovels, could help you with the aftermath of that :tongue: We went through this ONCE, and yep I was livid. My husband actually just forgot about them, not a deliberate just keep the money for myself, but he's never forgotten again after our "discussion"

mstang67chic

Going Green
Daisy?

Yoo hoo!

*waves lots of chocolate and/or hootch*

Put the cast iron skillet down and come out to the porch with the rest of us.

I brought Chester and Cloe....come meet them and get some de-stressing cuddle time. (Just watch out....Chester's a licker)

I have absolutely no relative advice but I'm sending HUGS.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stang

Thanks for the chocolate and the cuddle with the pups.

You all saved his life.

That and 100 mantras of "this is why I'm going to nursing school".:faint:

But I nearly blasted the windows out when I lit into him. He knew he was in mega trouble because I don't yell, I rarely raise my voice.

Once again husband will be cut off from the bank accounts and I will take over the bills.:mad: Like I really have time for yet one more thing to do in my life.

Ugh. He'd assumed the task after the truck accident and the brain injury which made numbers and the like nearly impossible for me to do for several years. That, and I was sick of being the only responsible one. Well, he did good for awhile. But now he's got us in a mess from hades, and once again it's up to me to straighten it out.

But the day I walk across that stage next spring..........

husband is soooooooooooo getting his walking papers.:mad:

everywoman

How absolutely horrible to do something like that to you----it's time for him to either step up to the plate or take a walk----He is a grown man. I hate that kind of passive-aggressive behavior. What's he using the money for? Is he involved in any sort of addictive behaviors? The only time my husband ever did anything like that was when he was actively using and his drug use had gotten out of control----well, that sounds stupid because any use of illegal drugs is out of control, but he was really bad off when he stopped paying the bills and wasn't in his right mind. Since that time I check his account all the time---I have my own account/he has his. I have access to all bills online so I can check to make sure they are paid. He had never done anything like that before the "big" episode, and hasn't done it since.

crazymama30

Hugs. Missing a house payment is not ok. Years ago(before he was on medications) husband would drink away the rent money, or spend it on gifts, and one time he went to costco and he came home with tons of stuff, including a case of spaghettios. At the time we had one child who was under 1yr old. Yah, we needed a case of sphaghettios.

Wait till you graduate. Wait till you graduate. Does your husband know of your plan, or have any idea?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wait...I'm supposed to have the alternate iron skillet. Let me give a few whacks and send it on to you.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Right there with you and sending as many hugs as will fit through the ethernet cable.

I have similar issues with husband... I have taken over paying bills, but I can't get him to quit spending on stupid stuff. Like fast food all the time. I take my lunch to work most days because it's a lot cheaper... He may not have a microwave, but sandwiches aren't so hard to make! It's "easier". Of course.

Sigh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG I'm laughing outloud - thinking........at work..........

I CAN SEE THE "WEAREVER" brand mark on his forehead........

and I pass ABbers Sword to Daisy......