Guess its time to make it official!

Jabberwockey

Our son popped the question last night officially. They've both been talking about it for a while so it wasn't exactly a surprise but still. Looking at sometime in June for the wedding.

Lil

She's an awesome girl. Though they are awfully young (in my opinion) to be getting married, at 23 and I 20 (24 and 21 by the wedding date), I can't imagine him doing better! She's really sweet.

BusynMember

We will have to post updates on the weddings lol. This is so exciting. Look at how far your young man has come! I dont know him for real but I am proud of him!

Last edited:

Jabberwockey

Its going to be a while. They've seriously been talking June. We will definitely keep you all updated though! Lil and I need to figure out when our next visit will be as we would like to meet her family BEFORE the chaos of the weeks leading up to the wedding!

Lil

When I posted it on Facebook my son replied, "I love you and I can't wait to see you at the wedding!" My response was, "Well I hope to see you before then. I need to meet your future mother-in-law!"

Jabber and I need to get our ducks in a row and go a couple times before then...and save our pennies. After all, we have some responsibility as parents of the groom, even with a small wedding. We hope that her parents are old fashioned enough to help out with expenses, as they're young and never-before married folks. They only want a small, family and friends, wedding. Nothing fancy. That wouldn't suit them really.

Yes, it is exciting. But far enough away geographically that we're not really going to be a part of it. :sigh: That's both good and bad.

BusynMember

Our daughter is fifteen minutes away and we arent a big part of planning the wedding. We feel it is up to them so everything so far has been mostly Jumper's decision, except the size. His mom wants to invite the entire huge family and even the son says they picked their venue, 300 people wont fit and that they can all come to the reception but his mom will have to decide what to do about the ceremony....in other words, who to cut.

This started out a small wedding but Jumper is okay with his family all coming, at least to the reception. However we cant feed them all so the grooms family are doing dinner and the bar ( we cant do that either. I believe the wedding party had unlimited drinks but all else get one drink then have to pay). Something like that. Since everyone will probably be drinking too much, hubby and I and Sonic are not drinking at all so we can take care of our grandbaby. Good excuse for me not to take more than a few sips...i dont drink. I dint like that out of control feeling.

We are sll staying at the hotel that night and having a get together in the morning.

I am very excited. But we are leaving the details to them and the grooms parents have been amazing. Of course, if they had left the cost all to us, no way would 300 people be coming to eat and drink.

Last edited:

Lil

Realistically, even if they have a small wedding, like Jabber and I did, (our venue held about 75 people), our son's side of the aisle will be pretty sparse. I expect (will insist, in fact) that he invite Jabber's parents. He MAY send invites to his aunts and uncles on Jabber's side - but he may not as he's still holding a grudge. On my side, there's only my brother and his wife. Whether anyone would go besides us and Jabber's parents is unlikely as it's either a flight or a two day drive.

Jabberwockey

Seriously doubt you 'll have to insist on him inviting Mom and Dad, I'd say that's a given. Even in the very unlikely possibility that he wouldn't want to, I can pretty much guarantee that she WILL insist. As far as my sibs go, like I told Mom, I will make the suggestion that he invite them with the reminder that most probably wouldn't show anyway due to the distance but wont try to force the issue. Hell Honey, lets be realistic. He's more likely to not invite ME than my parents! Not that I think that would happen either.