Guess who supposedly has strep throat this morning?

Andy

My guess is someone does not want to go to school! H's mom put on facebook that it looks like he has it for the 2nd time this month.

difficult child woke up saying he was scared. Why? Because he thought he had strep in his heart and lungs. Why? Because H told him you can get strep in your heart and lungs.

I assured him that he did not have strep in his heart and lungs. That he had never had strep throat before and neither has Diva who had tons of sore throats but never strep. He may get it but it is nothing to fear.

I can not tell difficult child that I am sure H is pretending a sore throat to get out of school because that will get back to H's mom and then WW III will break out!

smallworld

Well, technically, you can get a complication of strep that affects your heart. It's called rheumatic fever. That's why strep is treated with antibiotics. I'm sure that's what H was trying to communicate. But I sure wouldn't be telling difficult child that.

Let's hope that H is faking strep and doesn't have the real deal!

Andy

Yes, I know - strep is nothing to mess with. I didn't tell difficult child that wasn't possible, I told him HE did not have strep.

This afternoon's FB post states H tested positive for strep and is miserable!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well ain't that just special. I think I'd call her up and thank her for exposing your kid and inform her that unless he has a clean bill of health from a doctor he need not come over to play anymore.

Yeah. Lucky me got rheumatic fever from strep as a kid..........then got complications from the rheumatic fever that lasted a few years after that. Not fun. You just don't mess with either staph or strep. ugh

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I had rheumatic fever and scarlet fever (the other one you can get from strep) at the same time. Spent a lot of time in bed eating penicillin from that.

susiestar

Roll With It
I had scarlet fever as a kid. My parents were terrified. I would chew out H's mom for sending him over to play when she KNEW he might hav eit. I would also insist that he see a doctor before he comes over in the futrure because that was just an ugly thing for her to do, sending him over like that.