guilty pleasures/distractions

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
so what are yours?

1. Robert Pattinson, he's young, gorgeous and english (so what if I am 40 and a cougar for thinking such things!)
2. Angry Birds (bordering on Obsessed)
3. Rasberry Snapple Iced Tea (Nectar from the God's)
4. Kelly Clarkson Music (The woman should be a therapist!) What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Fun!

Thai food every payday (twice/month).
Mah Jong game-total addict
Green tea frappachino from starbucks
Yodels
There are more, but I gotta go take some medications!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The Sims 2 game (nearly every day for 12 yrs "sims" not necessarily the 2nd one, that one for about 8 yrs)
Dean Koontz books
Aldi's brownies!!! (a rare but awesome treat)

I did play sims 3 for a while. I tried hard to like it. I gave it a year or more on and off. I finally gave up and went back to my sims 2 game. I love it so much the kids are discussing buying me backup copies of the game and all the expansion packs. lol Can't help it. I love the game, but I also love the way it lets me be creative within my game and make stuff that is custom for my own game. :) You just don't have that option with other games. I mean, c'mon........what's not to like about a game that puts you into the "god" role. :rofl:

What is a Yodel??

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, yodels are made by Drakes. They're kinda sorta like Swiss roll covered in chocolate....yumilicious! I only indulge for two days a month...

crazymama30

Half and half in my coffee, at least once a year go for a weekend without the kids, usually to the beach with my mom and sis, computer games......I like the puzzle type games, zuma and so on.

photo shopping my pics. Hiking in the woods by myself.

S

Signorina

Sushi - the spicier the better-not a frequent indulgence but a beloved one.
iPhone Scrabble - I play against Norm (the computer - normal setting - it shows up as opponent "norm1" LOL)
Shellac Manicures - 2x a month - an indulgence which is a budget no no - but I am using difficult child's defunct allowance to pay for them
My heated mattress pad or my heating pad which can help me mellow out-I will sit on the couch with the heating pad on my lower back and catch up on DVR'd shows (Revenge, Castle, Greys, DHW) with the afghan, laptop on my lap, reading material by my side. Sometimes I add a glass of red wine. Or I will go to bed early and turn on the mattress pad with a stack of magazines, or catalogs or the aforementioned scrabble until I am suitably distracted enough to fall asleep. Pretty soon it will be too warm for both at which point we will fill the hot tub and that becomes my warmth that mellows me enough to turn off my mind or at least turn it down before I go to bed.Once I am actually asleep, I need a cool room to stay asleep - go figure!
1/2 of 1 Tylenol PM (see above)
The CD board - 'nuff said

Star*

call 911........call 911
(hands glitter to Amaze of Grace) I think he's the sparkley Vampire isn't he? Do you have the sparkley Tshirt too?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Okay, took medications, passed out, now for more!

Going to stay with my BFF in NY for a weekend-girls getaway. I love it there-no dogs, no H, no schedule and I can sleep in!

Coffee, half and half and wine.

Socks! All year, even in summer, I wear socks and I love to buy new soft socks!

One indulgence I gave up and miss tremendously is gel nails, French style-gosh I miss them more than I ever thought!

Pedicures in the summer months.

SHOES, especially sexy sandals.

Skin products-I refuse to skimp! I love lotions and value my skin, so I suppose that's an indulgence.

I sound like a spoiled brat.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo, why do you sound like a spoiled brat? lol

Let my sims game not work for whatever reason................. I seriously have a major hissy fit until it's working again. It has been so bad that husband has gone out and bought me a new computer JUST so it would work again, Travis has stayed up all night getting it to work properly......... But honestly? It's my main source of entertainment. One can only read so much, and I'm a fast reader and have read most of the enormous volumes of books in the house multiple times. It's my wind down time before bed. (except for the rare event there MIGHT be something on tv)

On this, I AM spoiled, and I know it. But husband looked at it this way, if the tv had gone out........he'd be at the store buying a new one because he had to have his tv. So he indulged me. And drowning a few sims people on a really bad day is a LOT better than drowning your kids. :rofl:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
*anything that has to do with pampering, massage, facial, manicure, pedicure.........
*travel of any kind, anywhere
*visiting with my girlfriends, laughing, eating, talking, shopping, all of it
*finding a new book I haven't read yet by an author I love
*same as sig, getting into bed with my heating pad or mattress pad (on 7) with all my books, other stuff to read, everything around me while I'm cozy and warm
*sitting in the living room on the chaise part of the couch with my laptop, on this site, or emailing my girlfriends and listening to really good music.
*going into the city for dinner, any dinner, any city.
*baking chocolate chip cookies, or a key lime pie, or brownies and eating as much as I want!!
*getting up really early on a weekend, when on one else is up, making coffee, it's dark out, so quiet, and I am alone and on the laptop or reading a great book, it feels so indulgent and wonderful.
*going to a local town where warm/hot springs are everywhere, you go in to a spa type atmosphere and dip in the hot tub, then the hot pool, the warm pool, the cool pool, and bring in fabulous food and eat at picnic tables which surround all the pools. Yum.
*getting into bed with my SO and cracking up so hard that we are both crying, and we can't stop laughing...........this is priceless............
*watching my granddaughter and SO banter and needle each other humorously, which shows their genuine love for each other
*eating ice cream, especially macadamia nut, chocolate, coffee ice cream

LittleDudesMom

*Scrabble on my Nook
*Sunday afternoon naps
*Chi Laute kcups
*Nails every three weeks
*Pedicures by my easy child
*Unabashed hugs from my 16 year old difficult child

Sharon

nailpolish...I do my own pedi and mani's, I change colors too often.
coffee - peppermint mocha, I bought a bottle of peppermint syrup from Starbuckks and add in some hot chocolate, yum!
reading a good book
going somewhere (anywhere) with husband
talking to old friends
jellybeans- a very guilty pleasure
spending the day alone at the beach....soon!

Mattsmom277

- pj's. When I first started with MS symptoms, before diagnosis, S/O would run errands after I'd land in the ER. He would fill any scripts, buy me a new flavor of tea and a new book. He also brought me new pj's as I was bed ridden first major flare. It became habit forming. I own dozens and dozens of pjs

- books. I could not exist without books. All kinds and lots of them. I do not go a day without reading. Ever.

- throw blankets. I usually get a new one for birthday or Xmas etc. my current favorite is a chinchilla blanket. Fake obviously. It is the softest most decadent feeling blanket and I feel warm, cuddly, relaxed the minute I toss it over my legs.

- place you'll find me most zen, where I'm likely found at most stressful moments: my favorite couch spot, in pjs, drinking a gourmet tea, blanket over legs with feet up, reading a good book. Rue the person who interrupts me!

Lothlorien

<----------------------Have you seen this picture? YUM!

If and when I can, I like to take a nap in the afternoons. I don't sleep for more than a 1/2 hour, but it does wonders.

I like to hole up in my room and watch Lost Girl, Spartacus and The Tudors.

Soduku puzzles. I listen to audio books, but when I'm not doing anything while listening, I will do Soduku. I go into withdrawl if I can't find my book.

Chardonnay.

Getting my nails done about every 3 weeks.

When I'm sick, I get out the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on dvd and watch them.

N

Nomad

-A fabulous cup of coffee
-Manicure and/or pedicure
-Facial
-Massage
-Buy and/or read a good book curled up in a fuzzy blanket on the couch
-Call a friend
-CD board
-Buy myself flowers from the local grocery store
-Sometimes I look for just a little piece of chocolate...hard to find because they usually come in larger portions and this I don't really want 'cause I will eat the entire thing!

trinityroyal

Yarn. I love knitting and other yarn crafts, and can't resist buying new skeins of yarn in different textures and colours. I have an entire cabinet full of it.

husband's sweaters. I love wearing sweaters that I can practically drown in, so I abscond with all of his warmest fuzziest ones. Poor man has nothing to wear, but I love them.

British chocolate, especially Curly Wurly bars. There's a sweet shop near my house that sells all the chocolates I grew up with. YUM!

Brother Cadfael Mysteries on DVD

A massage at the local spa. Heaven, but an indulgence I can afford only once or twice per year.

Shoes. With towering high heels on them. And boots. Also with towering high heels on them.

Frye Boots. Not much heel, but BOY are they ever fierce. I have 2 ancient pairs that I've had forever. They've gotten so expensive over the last few years that I can't afford to replace them, and I try to keep them in very good repair.

Children's tv shows. Sometimes I watch Thomas the Tank Engine even when the Monster Tots are napping. There's something so peaceful and slow-paced about those stories.

Cheap sparkly wine. At our annual New Year's Eve party, I get a couple of bottles of the good stuff for guests, but keep a bottle of plonque for me. Pink, bubbly, and sweet like cream soda. (I know...eeeeewwww.)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yarn. I love knitting and other yarn crafts, and can't resist buying new skeins of yarn in different textures and colours. I have an entire cabinet full of it.

Ohhh! Me too!! I love sifting through the sale yarns and buying them up. They have to be soft - my only rule! I have so many skeins of yarn, I can't keep up with using them! But I can't resist buying them~

trinityroyal

Curly wurlys (curly wurlies?) - good lord! I'd forgotten all about those. I never liked them, though :) I prefer Cadbury's creme eggs. Not that I ever eat them.
I have a curly wurly bar sitting here on my desk, just waiting until after lunch. And the Cadbury creme eggs are everywhere just now, what with Easter fast approaching. What I really want right this moment is soft ice cream served in a sugar cone with a Cadbury Flake stuck in the top. I have fond memories of being taken to the ice cream shop on beautiful spring days just like this one.