Guilty pleasures

InsaneCdn

Ok...got the tub caulked, now I'm going to hit the hot tub...any takers? :D

I should say I was working in the bathroom finishing the grouting job and I had to re-caulk the bath tub, not the hot tub.

I was wondering what you were going to hit the hot-tub with... a sledge hammer? (is this a reno project?)

A smash-up project is a pretty good stress-reliever...

DammitJanet

My guilty pleasure would probably be ebay. I love to snap up a deal but I am very careful. I want to snipe people and wont pay much. It is the way I bargain shop at incredibly low prices.

I dont have access to a hot tub or I would love that too.

B

Bunny

I don't have "guilty pleasures". I have sanity savors.

That exactly how I look at it!!! Sanity savers!!

For me, it's my needlework. I do ALOT of it because I find it relaxing and it's something that I do that is just for me. The house needs to be cleaned? Laundry needs to be done? Dishes need to be washed? difficult child is having a tantrum? Sorry. Don't bother me. I'm stitching. Actually, as soon as I get off the computer this morning I am taking my sewing machine out to start sewing some ornament that I stitched.

I also love to fall into a book and just forget about what is going on in real life. If things are REALLY bad, I do that more than my needlework because I can forget my problems for a while when I have my nose in a book.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Man....... I'm going to have to go with

Scotch and a Cohiba Esplendido, but only if I can shoot Ducks from the balcony with an antique Remmington while I'm enjoying them.

no no no......not really.

I like Tequila.

DammitJanet

Star, do you think we should go for ducks and geese this year? We havent been before but Tony is thinking about it. The more wild we take in the less of the abused and genetically engineered food we have to buy. He got the beagles so he could hunt rabbit which I have never been fond of because I have had so many pet bunnies. I guess I am going to have to learn.

InsaneCdn

Janet... boy, would I love some of those ducks and geese. But only if you can get them off the grainfields. A really nice fattened up wild fowl... now THAT would make a great holiday meal.

Rabbit? just remember... those aren't rabbits, much less bunnies. What Tony wants to hunt for are called HARES. And yes, hares can be good eating too.

H

HaoZi

Wait... if they're eating off the grainfields, aren't they likely eating that GMO grain stuff?

Star*

call 911........call 911
If they're eating from the grainfields?????? Then their FAIR GAME. Unless the nasty WASTY DNR is sitting in camo gear waiting to haul you to jail.......but I digress......If I'm shootin them off the back porch covered in bubbles with a big fat cigar hanging from my mouth? As long as I don't spill my drink? I think we're good. And I don't like Hossenfeffer. Too much Hair. Would love to go out and pheasant hunt with DF....But I'm pretty sure if I got him out there? I'd go horseback riding.....and probably go off on some History Chanel expedition looking for those ND wild azzes with a camera and hot chocolate.

InsaneCdn

HaoZi... I can't give away where I live, but... when I say "grainfields", I'm talking about the highest quality cereal grains you can get (wheat, oats, barley) - not the high-risk crops like canola. These birds know quality. Really do.

I'd trust a goose off them grainfields to be healthy eating far more than the chicken at the grocers.

Stop. You're making me HUNGRY.
And husband isn't a hunter.
And papa is too old to go any more.

Marguerite

Parker, if that's single malt you're enjoying husband will join you. His guilty pleasure (although there's really no guilt in it) is miniature live steam trains. Look up Integrated Listening Systems (ILS).org.au.

My guilty pleasure - summer only, I love to head for the beach with a book (either a novel, or a puzzle book) and my swimsuit. I lie on the sand - no towel. I figure I'm going to rinse off in the ocean anyway. No sunscreen, just let the warm sand soak away the joint pains and the sun paint my hide. No sunscreen. If I do it right, I don't burn but I tan safely. And to the Cancer Council and any other suntan police - you CAN tan safely, the skin cancer risk is caused by anything that increases skin replication, like sun BURN. Careful tanning does not do it. Besides, growing up with no sunscreens available when I was a kid and families going to the beach all day every day in summer, regardless of the third degree sunburn - the damage is well and truly done.

And lack of Vitamin D (deficiency is in epidemic proportions in Australia, despite our sunny climate - ridiculous!) is now known to cause breast cancer. And I don't want another breast tumour.

So there it is - I'm constantly feeling like I have to defend myself for enjoying lying in the sun. So yes, it is a guilty pleasure. Although I don't think it should be.

Marg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marg, you shouldn't feel like you have to defend yourself for sun bathing. phht. I'm not down playing skin cancer but they take the cautions too far (by a lot) and therefore people take them even further. Many of our sun screens aren't the protection folks *think* they are getting by a long shot. Makes people push their time in the sun......and they still wind up burned due to being careless.

trinityroyal

Marg, that time on the beach sounds heavenly. Well, except for the direct-on-the-sand-with-no-towel part. (Actually, I can't even handle a towel. Must have some sort of lounger-thingy that keeps me at least 6 inches off the ground. Sigh...Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) can be a drag). But the sun, sand, a good book, ocean. Heavenly. And I agree that you should not have to defend yourself or explain yourself to the Nattering Nannies.

I have another one, although I don't think I feel guilty about it either. Teaching the Monster Tots to say strange things. Not bad language or anything inappropriate, just things that a 3-yr-old would not normally say. For example, husband and I have been greeting each other by saying "What ho, darling" (think Bertie Wooster). It is HILARIOUS to hear Tyrannosaur walk into a room and say "What ho, Tyrantina!" I have a feeling that when we stop home-schooling and start school-schooling these Monsterz, that they're going to have a tough time fitting in. Well, they would anyway, but this won't help...