Gulp.

Steely

They want to send me to AZ for a third interview. I am their final choice from the pool, so they want to send me up there to view the facility.

I speechless, in shock...............
And scarred!!!!!

Will I be lonely in such a small town?
OMG.
Shock is too minor of a word.
Only a Safeway and WalMart in the whole town.

But the town sits between all of canyons of AZ/UT. Breathtaking.

Critter Lover

I am sure you are up to the challenge or else you would not have applied for the job. Crossing fingers that everything goes well for you! ;)

HUGS!

trinityroyal

Doing a happy happy joy joy dance on your behalf.
Steely, how very exciting! I KNEW this was a good opportunity for you, I just KNEW it!

One of the things I've learned over the years...
When I'm about to start a new project, if I feel a sense of total panic, I know in my heart that it's going to be great. It's going to challenge me, stretch my abilities and give me the chance to learn and grow.

I feel in my heart that this is the sort of opportunity you're being faced with now. The panic is fuel. Use it to give you the energy to soar high.

Like my old dance instructor used to say, It's okay to have butterflies in your stomach. The trick is getting them to fly in formation.

Woo Hoo!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so THRILLED for you!!!!! I hope you are going to go!!!! It never hurts to go and tour the place. But this might just be the change you have been needing. I realize it is scary, but isn't it thrilling too?

I hope you feel PROUD - I am sure you interviewed wonderfully!! Do something to reward yourself tonight - you earned it!!!!

Let us know when you are heading out for the tour/interview!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nothing ventured, nothing gained and you won't know the answers to these questions unless you give it a shot. It certainly can't hurt to go there and check things out. When do you leave for the interview?

Suz

Steely

Doing a happy happy joy joy dance on your behalf.
Steely, how very exciting! I KNEW this was a good opportunity for you, I just KNEW it!

One of the things I've learned over the years...
When I'm about to start a new project, if I feel a sense of total panic, I know in my heart that it's going to be great. It's going to challenge me, stretch my abilities and give me the chance to learn and grow.

I feel in my heart that this is the sort of opportunity you're being faced with now. The panic is fuel. Use it to give you the energy to soar high.

Like my old dance instructor used to say, It's okay to have butterflies in your stomach. The trick is getting them to fly in formation.

Woo Hoo!
Wow, Trinity that is exactly what I needed to hear.
I mean the panic and fear this opp produces, plus, in the same moment the excitement and joy - is brain numbing. However, maybe you are right. I am having butterflies, now I just need to get them to fly in formation.

I would be a total and complete fool to pass this opp up. It is the dream of a lifetime, and it fell into my lap. Literally. My friend tossed me the posting of the job - in my lap. She knew the girl - the girl had my job as one point in her career. I mean - it all just happened. So now I need to trust the rest will fall into place, like it has been doing.

My biggest concern would be if I got this job, would be finding a place to rent that would take my dogs. So I am going to assume that if I go up there next week and am able to find a place to rent that takes my pups, it is done.

THANKS GUYS - I am still trembling.

everywoman

Yeah for you Steely. A new adventure. A new life. A way to say goodbye to a really bad year and all the memories that your current place of residence holds. I know you're scared. Change is always scary. But we only grow through change. You have two options right now---stay where you are doing what you're doing---or going somewhere else and doing something different. You can do this. We will hold your hand. And could you really be any more alone than you are right now surrounded by so many people?

B

bran155

Oh Steely, that is absolutely fantastic!!! I am so happy for you. You can do this girl. Just think a great new job in a new place where you can have a fresh start. A clean slate!!! With beautiful scenery to boot! And WALMART!!!! That's all you need.

Keeping everything crossed including my eyes!!! :goodluck:

muttmeister

What a fantastic opportunity!

After the problems you've faced, this should be a piece of cake. Besides that, it is a chance to leave some of the old baggage behind and start fresh.

Good luck!

Steely

Yea, could I really be more alone than I am now?????

That it the REAL issue.

As long as I have my CD board, my TV, and my dogs. Shoot, what else literally would change from what I have now? Except a career making twice what I make now, and a place to hike every single day.

I am supposed to visit week after next. Until then. I will simply trust in God, the universe, life.

I was SO excited, and now I am being such a scaredy pants.:(
Boo for me.

Did I tell you that H's girlfriend emailed me today, and told me I could not have H's books??? If I wanted a couple than I would have to let her know which ones. WTH???? She has hundreds - the only thing I wanted as her legacy were her books.:mad:
Again, I have let all things pertaining to H go to the universe. She is with me in my heart, as she will forever be. Even if I only have one pair of her fav socks and scarf - her soul is within mine.

everywoman

H's girlfriend can kiss my behind. You don't need H's stuff. You have her memories. I know it would be nice for you, but really, how tacky can she get ------I would, just for arguments sake, send a name of one you know H didn't have, just so she would have to look through all of them!!!! But, sometimes I'm evil like that :)

everywoman

Seriously, when my biodad died, his wife (notice I did not call her my stepmom) brought over a really cheap fake ring that he would have never worn and gave it to my son---his first grandson and the apple of his eye---and said that Hal wanted him to have it. Yeah right. Even J saw through that one. Of course, she drove up to bring the ring in the knew car she had bought for her daughter with money from my dad's life insurance policy. At that point I ceased all contact. Later that year she went to court and tried to prove that I was not my father's child so that I could not get a small bit of money from a wrongful death suit. When that didn't work she told the lawyer that I didn't want the money. And really, I didn't. But I took it because she had tried so hard to wipe me out of his life (and death). The woman even used my grandmother's obituary as proof that I was not his child because in it was I listed as one of her daughters---which is the way she viewed me---but legally I was never adopted.

klmno

This sounds ideal to me- you get to visit the area and the actual place you'd be working before committing to anything. If nothing else- you get a little trip out of it!! Way To Go!! They must really want you bad!

H's girlfriend is ...well.....that thought is better left unsaid.

KTMom91

I am so excited for you! Enjoy the trip, find a cute little home for you and the pups, and start this brand new chapter!

As for H's girlfriend... she's just not being nice.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I keep having visions of Oprah yelling "THE SECRET"!!!!

You must have conjured up you own positive JU-JU...
I am so happy for this new journey, what ever the outcome.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Steely

No one is lonely in a small town. lol Believe me, people are too friendly for you not to make new friends fast. And the view!! OMG I'm sooooo jealous. Thrilled to death for you, but jealous still.

Way To Go!!! Mustering up extra special juju for this final leg.

Hugs