H and I both have counseling today

KFld

We both have counseling today, but at different times, with the same person.

I wonder if I'm going to go in and find the counselor curled up in the fetal position on the floor when I get there :smile:

I did go out Sunday with a friend of mine to a craft fair and then spent the rest of the day with her. It was really good for me to do something different.

Tonight is bookclub at my house. Now all I have to do is finish the book. I actually called out sick today because I didn't sleep again last night. I slept from 10:30-12:30 then woke up and tossed and turned until 5:30. So I got up, fed the dog and let her out, turned the coffee pot timer off, left my daughter a note, called in sick and went back to bed for a few hours.

Sometimes I wake up at night and just feel ill. Somedays I feel pretty good and other days I can't believe this is really happening.

Glad I'm going to counseling today.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if I'm going to go in and find the counselor curled up in the fetal position on the floor when I get there </div></div>
I'm betting the counselor will greet you with a Medal and a dozen roses! :flower: :warrior:

Sorry you're not sleeping karen. Completely understandable, given all that's gone on the past few months. Don't put up with that for too long, okay? We can't go on without sleep. Take some Tylenol PM or something, is my suggestion.

Also....not to pry....but how's your biological clock?? Mine is ticking down, and that is playing a little havoc with my sleep patterns. I'm not doing anything medical about it right now, but I've found it's helpful for me to be aware of it. You know what I mean? And to sort of track things, sleep-wise and girl-wise. Just helps me feel in some sort of control of the situation.

I'll be anxious to hear what the counselor has to say today! Glad you get to see her.

Peace

nvts

Hi! It's natural not to sleep. When you rest, you're not distracted so your brain plays "knock-hockey" with your emotions.

You always come out of your therapy sessions with such a wonderful feeling...as you get closer to the next visit, I think that your week is winding down and you lose sight of the positive feelings from the prior visit. If only they could bottle that feeling so that you could revive it between sessions! :hypnosis:

You'll feel better after seeing your therapist today. Maybe it would help if you re-read some of your posts after therapy when you start to lose your edge. It might make you feel better and put you back in your "happy place".

Ever inspired by your strenght,

Beth

scent of cedar

What Pony said. :smile:

It's better now, but there were some months when, between night sweats and waking up in the middle of the night, I hardly slept at all. I was working then, and I still wonder how I managed to function during the day.

Anxiety levels during the day were often through the roof, too.

A meditation practice helped.

Tylenol PM is an excellent thing to have on hand for those nights. Oil of Olay makes a vitamin formula rich in Bs and other good things. I think those kinds of supplementation are helpful. Estroven is helpful, too.

I am glad you will see the counselor today, Karen.

Wishing well.

Barbara

busywend

I am happy to hear you are getting out and doing things. That is good!!

Good luck at therapy today! I know that 'high' that you can have as you leave. But, it is tough to keep it for a week, huh?

:sleeping: I hope you get some sleep tonight! :sleeping:

Jen

One of the nurses I work with is having sleeping issues. She now actually has a Intermittent Family Leave in place for those nights when she cannot get the sleep to come to work. It is sad that we have to resort to those choices in order to protect our jobs.

I am on Desyrel for my Fibromyalgia that wakes me up at night with pain, numbness and tingling. It helps me get my sleep. Lately though it is slow to react and maybe have a hangover in the morning.

Just saw my MD lately for something to take the edge off of issues that are stressing me. Taking Buspar, but only can ake at night, or my days off twice daily. To out there if I take it and then go to work. Those days I hide in the locker room when nec. adn either pull my hair out, or talk to myself and cuss.

Jen

TerryJ2

LOL, about the fetal position!

So sorry you're not sleeping. Hey, it's not like you're under stress or anything!!!!

Maybe you can temporarily get some sleeping pills. Of course, considering your state of mind and adrenaline level, they may not work, either. Just a thought.

DammitJanet

I was gonna suggest asking for a temp. script for some sleeping pills. Good old ambien works wonders for me and I have a heck of a time getting to sleep.

Hope the therapy works out well today.

KFld

I actually have a girlfriend who gives me lunesta now and then. I just don't like to take it every night and rely on it. I felt pretty good going to bed last night, so I usually take it on the nights that I feel a little uneasy when getting ready for bed. I will take one tonight to make sure I catch up from last night.

H is at counseling as I type. I will be leaving the house in 40 minutes for my appointment. We should be passing each other enroute somewhere as it's about a 45 minute ride so he will be getting out 15 minutes after I start my ride up there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Karen,

I've been having the same weird can't sleep thing too. Show of hands - how many of us can't sleep at night? (I'm sure it's a lot. You aren't a lone nightowl..hoootttt hooooot.
:sleeping:

If you can't get OTC Night time tylenol try Benadryl. The ingredients in most OTC night time sleep aids are antihystamines. And some people benefit from it, others dont.

Some other night time sleeping hints I've gathered
Nothing to eat after 9:eek:o PM
A warm glass of milk - has to be warmed to release the tryptophan
A banana (Kinda contradicts nothing to eat or drink after 9:00 huh - so try eating or drinking by 8:30)
A long, boring book -like a tech manual zzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
No TV
A warm bath or shower WITH lotion afterwards and powder if you have it.
Clean sheets - keep a scented dryer sheet IN the folded sheets you store in the linen closet when you put the new sheets on you can smell the freshness
Powder on the bed
Cut out the caffeine in your day (yah I laughed too) although I am caffeine free now and sleeping worse
Make a physical check of all the windows and door locks about an hour before you go to bed. (I really had issues)
I can't remember - will look it up, but I think Rose hips helps if you are pre-menopausal. Bad herbologist in training. BAD~

Hope this helps. I figured that me staying up was my body's way of saying I'm older and just didn't need sleep. Yea....you should live with me after I've had a week of 3 hours a night. SOOOOOO pleasant. :vampire:

HUGS
Star
ps reading the bible in bed has always put me to sleep too, and not that it's a boring book, but I've always gotten the most restful sleep when I fall asleep reading the word. Word UP.

saving grace

I am sorry you cant sleep, I know how that feels and its awful it can just mess up your head and your body. I use Unisom OTC, I cut the pill in 3 parts and I only need a 1/3 to get a good nights sleep. It might be better than Lunesta.

I hope your counseling went well.

grace

Karen,

It's good to hear you're getting out. How did counseling go today? I hope it's helped you so you can catch up on some much needed zzz's tonight!!!

Sending the "sandman" to your house this evening...WFEN

(P.S. I must be losing it!!! :rofl: The "sandman?" - I haven't used this expression in ages...)

KFld

I did take my Lunesta last night and I got at least 6 hours of good sleep. Maybe even close to 7. I feel better this morning.

Counseling was good as usual. I was very confused and all over the place when I went in yesterday and she sensed that. She compared my life, between the passing of my mother and the affair, as my entire life being thrown up in the air and smashed onto the ground overnight. Then I was left to pick through the debris and decide what to do with and to make the most of it when it was all cleaned up. Definitley something that cannot be done overnight.

H's counseling must have went pretty good also because he called afterwards to tell me he didn't need to come take the coffee table because he had stopped at goodwill and picked up some good stuff and was going to spend something actually organizing his new place. Our counselor has such a calming effect and usually when you walk out of there she gives you some smaller direction to work towards, or something smaller to work on for yourself during the week between so you aren't so overwhelmed. It's usually something she feels will make a huge significance in how you are feeling, or what you need to accomplish for yourself. She really has a way of helping you narrow down the importance of things.

I learned some things about myself and my marriage yesterday through some questions she asked me, that I think I have really known for a long long time. I know nothing in our marriage gave him the right to have an affair, there were to many other choices that could have been made, but I came out of there a little less confused. Maybe I shouldn't say I learned some things, but more like I'm starting to be honest with myself about some things.

I also see h and I are able to communicate pretty well when we aren't angry with each other and I'm really coming to the realization that in the end, we may make much better friends then we do husband and wife. This is my thought for the week.

wakeupcall

You're beginning to sound SO much more calm about the whole situation. Your therapist is a keeper! Keep your head together, Karen. It will only help this along .. I admire you, LOTS.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PamelaJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your therapist is a keeper! </div></div>

She is a keeper. I can go in there feeling like I'm absoluteley drowning and walk out with my head way above water.

I know when I really sort through this mess and decide what I want to do with my life, I'll be comfortable with it because she won't allow me to be any less. She is amazing!!

scent of cedar

I just wanted you to know I was reading along and wishing well, Karen. :smile:

I like that husband is thinking about how to make his current digs comfortable. I think that will help him to grow.

Make it all seem more real to him.

And once he gets it that this is really happening, and why, and begins to take everything seriously...maybe then you two can really work on putting your marriage back together.

I just get the feeling that your husband has never had to stand and fight for what he wanted, and so he never learned its true value.

Maybe he will come out of all this a much stronger person.

Barbara