Had a nice phone call

witzend

with M last evening. He called for M's Day. There was some sort of story about a gift that should have been delivered and his getting a notice that there would be a delay. Whatever - I just said "Oh. It hasn't come yet".

But there seemed to be very little along the lines of BS stories and excuses. He's still at his job in spite of it being a very long drive and not paying well. That's a big deal for him. He just got done watching The Sopranos on Netflix, and says he "understands why I wouldn't let him watch that with me when it was first aired." I know that may seem like nothing to most people, but I think that is the first time in his life that he ever admitted that a parenting decision I had made that he didn't like at the time was probably the correct decision.

So, if a package comes, great. If not, great. I had a good day at my concert, and a decent phone call from M. Win/win. :)

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm happy to hear this Witz. A good day, no drama, he didn't ask you for anything and he admitted something important. AND, he still has a job. That is A LOT to be thankful for. And, gee, if you get the gift too........wow!

Scent of Cedar *

I am happy for you, Witz. And I have the sense that you were able to stay perfectly balanced throughout the conversation and those minutes afterword, when it is somehow harder sometimes to have heard from them than not.

This was such a nice post, Witz.

:O)

Cedar

Echolette

I'm glad for you, Witz. I just posted in the Acceptance thread about how contact is sometimes harder than no contact. It seems rare that contact both starts and ends well! You contributed to that happening by staying steady and not escalating.

Its nice to see a nice update.

Echo