had a pretty good day

goingcrazyinwv

We had a good day today. this morning was a little rough we decided we would clean the house today cause it was pretty bad so I told the kids to clean up there rooms and they could play outside with the neighbor kids which they love to do. so difficult child goes to her room and does clean a little then comes out and got the markers she wants to draw well husband say no it's time to clean then you can draw and took the markers away well the rage was on she is screaming at him to give them back when she figures out she isn't getting them back she starts screaming at him that she hates him and wishes he would leave. luckily it only lasted about 15 minutes which is good for her she has had them for as long as 4hrs. That was really about it thou we had a few disagreements but it was over in just a couple minutes. She was trying really hard tonight to be good and she even said I'm doing good tonight aren't I. I gave her lots of praise and told her she was doing a very good job. she gave me lots of kisses and hugs tonight which doesn't happen much. The thing that drives me the craziest with her is how loud she is and has to have everything loud she wants to blast her tv when she watches and if I ask her to turn it down she gets annoyed she also gets annoyed when I let her know she is loud. But I'm happy about how our day went I hope tomorrow goes as well but I'm not sure because we have to go into town and she has already ask for a babysitter - she hates to go anywhere this is a recent thing she used to love to go places now she always asks for a sitter and hates to go anywhere.

Helen

Glad to hear that you had a good day!

Treasure it. Sometimes they are few and far between.

I wonder, might it be in everyone's best interest to get a sitter for difficult child? If she really does not like going to town, would she make it a miserable outing for everyone? Heck, it might be a break for the rest of the family, too. and I don't mean that in a mean way towards difficult child. I know how they can be. I don't bring my difficult child to stores at all anymore because of how she act in public. I do it when she is in school or at her dad's for the weekend.

Just a thought! Here's to a continued nice weekend!!

slsh

member since 1999
Helen - glad you had a good day! Funny how much we appreciate those, you know? ;)

I would agree with getting a sitter. I also ended up only going to psychiatrist and therapist appts with thank you when he lived here. Absolutely no reason to put myself or the other kids, to say nothing of the people in whatever store we were going to, thru the trauma of a difficult child meltdown.

Hope you have another good day today!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad you had a pretty good day. And I think it's good that even difficult child saw the difference in her own behavior.

As for the loudness, has she ever had her ears checked out professionally? Is there any chance hearing loss or an infection could be making it difficult for her to hear?

And believe it or not, depending on the child, they can have a horrid infection and you'd never guess. The only way we know grandson Darrin does is that he starts wanting everything loud again and stops following instructions as his frustration levels mount.

Hugs