Had to call the SPCA today...

tiredmommy

because I saw a couple selling chihuahua pups from the trunk of their car. I hope the pups are okay and the couple gets what is coming to them.... :mad:

donna723

Don't you just hate that! I can't imagine just selling a puppy to anyone who shows up with money in their hands! Used to be, around here, you'd see people with boxes full of puppies for sale in the Walmart parking lot! Or they're giving away kittens to anyone who will take one.

Last edited:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
That makes me crazy - people just let their animals breed with no thought as to what will happen to them once they are given away - hope the ASPCA nails their rear ends

Marcie

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I can remember seeing kittens and puppies and ferrets sold openly at the big fleamarket outside of Ft. Campbell when husband and i were stationed down there. It made me LIVID.

I have a dear friend who has a cat named Citgo because she was sold out of a box for five dollars in the parking lot of a Citgo gas station. The girl selling the kits couldn't have been more than ten years old.

Sheesh. With what I spent on vet bills making sure my Maine Coon adults and babies were healthy, and amount of pedigree research that went into planning matings.

susiestar

Roll With It
It happens all the time here. In areas where animals are still considered more as livestock it happens often. Few people are out when the temps are over 95 here because our animal control people can cite them for having puppies out then unless they have shade, fresh water at all times (hard to do when you are outside a restaurant where the owners will not allow anyone to give fresh water to someone selling/giving away animals (go BK in a smallish town!), and food. But there are signs on most of the corners in town about free kittens right now.

thank you wants one so badly. His best friend (NOT a BFF I was told - those are for girls, lol) adopted a pregnant stray they saw and now they have 9 kittens to give away before they get her spayed. Right now I had to say no. If something happens before they are 8 weeks old we will rethink things, but I doubt it. They were born last week, so they are in no rush to rehome the kittens.

tiredmommy

Well... I was most concerned because we have a small group of people in this area that (illegally) promote dog fighting. Those pups could end up as training bait. :(