Had to smile

Wiped Out

Staff member
because not much stops difficult child in his tracks. Someone taught him to swear in Spanish so he thought he was being all cool swearing at me in Spanish this morning. I ignored him for awhile and then said, Guess I'll have to tell your Aunt this weekend the words you are choosing to use so often." His Aunt speaks fluent Spanish. He backtracked immediately, begging me to not tell, says he hasn't been using it often and so far hasn't said it again!!

Marguerite

On another thread I talked about swearing in other languages as an alternative. But you should use a language that is not in common use - that is the point! Tell him to investigate swearing in Klingon...

Marg

H

HaoZi

Normal speech in Klingon sounds like swearing!

I considered learning it for exactly that reason, but couldn't find any lessons. Russian is a good second, though, and iTunes has free downloads for learning basics.

Marguerite

A friend of mine was talking to her niece (both Star Trek fans). Someone said to them, "Here's a newspaper report about a couple getting married, the ceremony conducted in Klingon."

My friend said, "Is a marriage in Klingon legal?"

Her niece replied, "I'm not sure it makes much difference. Anyone getting married in Klingon -I think that marriage is in a lot of trouble from Day 1!"

Marg