Hades Froze Over.........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Katie sent me a birthday card! :faint:

I had to pick my jaw up off the porch when I pulled it out of the mailbox.

True, part of the reason was that her cell phone died and she had to order a new one. But still........I'll take it at face value anyway.

Another shocker? She gave me her house phone number and times when it would be best to call. Guess who will be getting a call tomorrow........and all the while I'll be delighting in the fact she has to talk to me instead of typing incomplete sentences on some **** little screen of a cell phone. LOL

You know you've become a realistic difficult child detached parent when you also remember that your two eldest grandchildren's bdays are in 2 weeks and know deep down that has something to do with your card. *sigh*

I need to make a trip to goodwill for books............

Hound - I'm glad that she sent you a birthday card. She is a difficult child so, yes, there is probably a motive like her kids own birthdays coming up. But she still sent it and made the effort to give you her home number. That's a good thing.

Enjoy it. Maybe she is finding a new emotional maturity and you're getting some of that benefit.

I do get the detached "hmmm, I wonder what difficult child is up to now." thinking. Doing it right now with my own difficult child.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Holy smokes!

Happy birthday, by the way... I can't remember if I told you so... :sigh: ANYWAY... Maybe there is an ulterior motive, BUT - she remembered the actual DAY. My family has trouble with THAT.