Haha! Good times coming up. My kind of life! How are YOU doing today?

BusynMember

Feel good thread anyone?

I'm over the moon (more than I should be) because Jumper is coming home tomorrow, even though she never spends much time actually at home...lol.

In two weeks we'll be jumping in the truck to visit Princess and Buddha Baby and then it will be a Girls Weekend Out!!!!!! I love it when all the girls in the family are together.

Soon going back to Missouri to see Bart and Junior. Every time I call and Junior is there he grabs the phone and asks, "You coming to see me, Grandma?" Such a little sweetie.

In a little over a month, hubby and I celebrate our TWENTY YEAR anniversary. Yay!!! He is the one who helped me get on track and keeps me on track. Love him lots and lots.

Sonic is having a blast and doing better and better as he ages.

Work is good. Work is FUN.

I can hear again.

Peace, serenity, and harmony...the three things I cherish the most are alive and well in Small Town, Wisconsin. Tonight is Prom for Jumper's old school and we happened to drive by the river where almost everyone was taking pictures. It was awesome to see so many nice looking young people all dressed up...such beautiful, colorful dresses and such smiley parents taking pictures! That was an unexpected treat.

I am feeling terrific!!!

After the last two weeks (was it that long?) of negativity, I'm ready to rock again. How about you? I don't know if anyone really wants to check in, but if so, this is the place.

BusynMember

Susie, I don't check them often enough. Thank you for telling me. I WILL check. And thank you for bothering to send me one. I'm sure it is full of wisdom, as you always are.

Lil

Glad you're doing better. You sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff coming up!

Jabber and I have made some strides lately I think. We are eating better and planning on quitting our second job. We've decided that it just is taking too much of our lives and stressing us out. It's only 10 hours a week (5 each) but it just kills our evenings and weekends and we have a hard time finding the time to cook. That makes us eat out too much or buy convenience food. Both bad for us and expensive. We go in for an hour, earn $18 and drop $25 on food. So not even making any money!

We haven't given notice yet, but I already feel like a weight has lifted off our shoulders.

Scent of Cedar *

Ha!

Positive thread ~ I love it.

Sun just risen, here. Breezes so beautifully warm and humid, everything sparkling and so pretty. Everyone I haven't been talking about (!) is...wonder if I would jinx it? Health issues for daughter are resolving. Other than pain issues and one or two smaller things, you would never know any of this happened. Both granddaughters are near their mother, issues have been resolved between them over what happened, and both are doing so well.

I am proud of every one of them. It hasn't been easy, but they all have come back together. There was so much anger, so much rebellion, so much that was bad and it all seemed impossible.

But they did it. They pulled their lives back together.

(This all happened in the state where daughter lives. I had nothing to do with it, except as faraway grandma.) I've said it before, and it seems to be coming true again: When daughter is herself, there is no finer mom. She has been through so much herself that she is very real with her kids, and with everyone, really.

She and ex are doing well.

No further episodes of anything bad.

Now it is just a matter of recovering financially.

Daughter was offered, and accepted, a position in her field.

:O)

Son still is not returning calls, but I did find him a card that says: "A boy's best friend is his Mother." He will think that is funny. In little letters just beneath the saying, one reads that it was Norman Bates who said that, from the movie Psycho.

Son will love it.

D H and I are fine, all our neighbors are fine, the artist whose gallery I volunteer in is hitting big. I have been helping teach Tai Chi and will soon (another year or two, depending on how hard I want to work) be able to teach it myself.

I am writing, again. Just a little, but it's the thinking about it that matters, at first.

We are heading North, this morning.

And that's all the news that's fit to print.

Thank you to each of you who has helped me through. Things are looking great for all of us.

Cedar

AppleCori

First of all, I gotta say:

Cedar, just WOW for your daughter!

And she did it ALL ON HER OWN!

If only your son would put on his big-boy pants and man UP!

There's always hope!

InsaneCdn

I guess it says something when I can't post even my GOOD news stories :D
At least y'all will know that I DO have some... yes, even today. (just got off yet another phone call from Kid #2, full of smiles and hope)

AppleCori

Well, I will check in.

Sometimes it's hard to know whether to post good news, since so many here are hurting.

Weather is beautiful, sun is out at almost 70 degrees, my man is coming home early, and we are going out in the boat to fish.

It's the best time of the year!

I got a new bedroom suit for my birthday, new mattress (necessary), and it looks beautiful. Found a mirror at a consignment store for $13 that we put up over the headboard that looks exactly like one on HGTV! (yeah, I watch that channel too much)

My older three kids all are doing great in their careers. Daughter just got a new job that she loves. I visited them for a month down south during the worst part of the winter (February)and hung out at the pool while poor hubby had to dig himself out of the snow up here in the northland.

We can start camping out this weekend, and hope to do a lot of it!

difficult child is still working, so that is a blessing.

Got some spring cleaning done, not too much, but enough that I don't feel too lazy.

Life is good.

Californiablonde

I'm so happy to hear things are going so well for you, SWOT. As for us, we are enjoying some fine spring weather while it lasts. It's currently in the high 70's which is perfect for me. Work is as stressful as ever, but this week is staff appreciation week. This morning we were all treated to a special breakfast, and we all got our own 15 minute massages by a chiropractor. After that massage, I did not want to go back to work, that's for sure! I can't wait to see what they have planned for us for the rest of the week. Meanwhile, I am counting down till my summer vacation. 8 more weeks. I can't wait!

Scent of Cedar *

I am posting from my phone until we have wifi set up, so cannot quote.

Applecori, I love the part about your man coming home early, and the fishing and the camping.

Hope you catch many fish. Thinking about you and your man cooking over the campfire and snuggling under the stars.

Very happy for you!

I enjoyed reading about the consignment shop mirror, too. D H and I furnished a house with auction and consignment pieces. It came together beautifully, and we had so much fun and saw so many sights on our quest for stuff!

Cedar

Californiablonde

Today we all got bags full of goodies like nice pens, lifesavers, Hershey's kisses, and a gift certificate for a free burrito at a local Mexican restaurant. Tomorrow they are making us ice cream sundaes (which I am choosing to pass on) and Friday is still a mystery. Usually the last day of appreciation week we get a catered lunch, but so far now word for sure. Anyway, working for a school definitely has it's perks.

BusynMember

Well, continuing news...good, bad and ugly...naw, not ugly....it's going to be 75!!!!!!! degrees with sunshine! GREAT weekend. The bad news is I work four days in a row...lol. Oh, well. Get out at 2 :) Sonic has his last bowling day of the year and a pizza party with his buddies. Jumper has spent the last two days in LaCrosse with her friends, hanging and watching boy's baseball (the friends she has have a team...boys only!!! Unfair!). She should be back today, but I expect her to be back and forth all summer. Man, she is developing into such a morally sound, together young woman. So proud. Everything is all set to visit another young woman I am very proud of, Princess and my precious Buddha Baby in two weeks, Sonic doing good/having fun/loves his new bike, and Bart calling every day with hilarious exploits of his dating life, but his real life is his son and I love talking to Junior. Today I'm leaving early for work so that maybe I can sneak in a few early garaage sales, one of my guilty pleasures. The group I went to last night gave me new hope and life and perspective and I hope everyone here takes care of YOU by doing anything that helps you get the happiness, peace, and validation you need. Be very, very good to yourself this weekend and do something nice for yourself every single day! j
Wishing you all a super-duper weekend.

Best wishes to all!!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, yesterday I was driving around the mobile home park just to look for signs of spring, actually I was checking to see if dandelions were coming up anywhere so I could take in the honey-water dishes I've been putting out for bumblebees.

The poor things came out of hibernation early and nothing's blooming so either people feed them or they starve to death.

No dandelions as of today.

Anyway, I spied a garage sale. Got 6 nice nearly new t-shirts in my size. (Some either shrunk, grew, divorced, or died. I prefer to think it was a change in size or locale.)

The big prize was a 70's era yoked men's denim shirt in my size with a snap front and cuffs. Just enough wear on it to be nicely faded. My last one lasted me 25 years and went to Goodwill when Zyprexa entered my life. This one, sadly, is post-zyprexa sized, but I got it for 2 bucks and am thrilled.

I no longer need the pockets to carry my cigs and phone, but they are nice for carrying an e-cig, a spare filled cartridge or bottle of e-liquid in one, and my phone in the other. Hopefully, I will shrink out of this one long before it wears out and will pass it on to some other person who appreciates good denim and the "grunge" look.

BusynMember

Hey, GN!!! You're not far from me and the weather has been GREAT! I saw MANY garage sales last weekend and if I hadn't had to work, I would have been out there looking around. That has been a major trivial bit of fun for me since my oldest child was born!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
What absolutely killed me about that garage sale was that they had a LOT of nice "small" furniture like book cases and occasional tables that I really could have used if I wasn't planning on moving.

Years and years I have been haunting garage sales looking for nice furniture, and here it was finally, and I couldn't take advantage of it.