Hailie is now showing her true colors at school!

DammitJanet

I wondered how long it would take.

She is now in kindergarten which means 5 full days a week and not the 3 half days a week she went to this little preschool last year. Last year it was basically a fun play time type deal and she was good, supposedly.

Well now she is getting orange stickers on her behavior charts. I am not exactly sure how the chart works but after orange you get sent to the principal. Well after several oranges. Last week she got two of them...lol.

Seems my precious (or not so precious) granddaughter has been talking out in class, not sitting still in circle time, sticking her tongue out at kids, and even more importantly- leaving the classroom without permission.

I dont think these things call for becoming completely unglued. Actually I think its a bit funny considering how much trouble her father and uncle gave me. Ahhh payback is so sweet!

busywend

Did you wish your kids on your kids?????? Seems it is coming true. This is the one that is about an hour from you? Wonder how they wil handle it? Might be fun to watch from sidelines

susiestar

Roll With It
Isn't it interesting to see how our kids handle kids who behave like they did? I don't have grands yet, but have seen some of my kids' friends with their kids and it is pretty funny. Of course if it persists it will be less funny. But paybacks are sometimes funny and karma always gets you!

I have a totally difficult child cousin who was so totally over the top strict when he had kids. Truly cracked me up. And recently I asked a friend that I went to high school with what he would do if his oldest (a sr in high school) came home drunk or stoned? He partied a LOT back in the day and he doesn't have a clue how he would handle it. Esp as his parents' restaurant is well known as a 'hippie' place and until the mid 90's was super well known for the staff parties and drug use.

I am sorry for Hailie's sake that she isn't able to behave appropriately and is in trouble. Getting into trouble isn't fun. I just pray that Billie won't blame everyone but Haillie and will help her learn to behave appropriately.

DammitJanet

I think she will be okay. Sounds like typical kid stuff when they are learning to get along with others after they have been allowed to run the show for so long. Hailie has to learn that what has worked at home doesnt cut it at school. She will. The world doesnt stop just to do her bidding...lol.

It's almost funny to watch from the sidelines. My sister had a mouth on her, she could talk you into the sky being pink. Everyone always agreed with her....but her 9-year-old son, he is the only person who can leave her speechless and talk HER into the reason why eveything should be his way. It's hysterical that he does that. She grew up to be an attorney on Wall Street, a 9-year-old is the only one who can do that to her. But....she has 2 other kids who are only 7 and 5 and following his footsteps! My mom and I laugh privately at the stories she tells us.

DammitJanet

UAN...we laugh because Jamie got Cory's kid and Cory got the easier ones! Cory's youngest one even has straight hair that looks exactly like Jamie's hair...lol. We tease them about how Mandy and Jamie must have had a one night stand. Of course its just my genes coming out.

I think it's cool to see the genes being passed on. difficult child is so much like me.....the easy child's- I have no idea where they came from. Hallie is going to be absolutely fine. If something were really wrong, way worse things would come out at that age. She's so little, she's just learning the way of the world. It's good she's gone from Billie for so long, maybe she'll take her social cues from the other kids and behave a little better when she sees you. If she has to go to the prinicpal, no worries, she's learning. Good.

busywend

Yes....it happens. My difficult child should have been my difficult child sister's kid. She got a easy child boy that should have been mine!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

KARMA got to love it. :)

It is sort of fun to watch from the sidelines. It's also interesting to see how much your kids actually did have sink in during all those years you were certain they were deaf/blind or on another planet.

Aubrey is a sweetheart most of the time. Let daddy attempt his "parenting techniques" and she can go from sweet kid to full blown difficult child in nothing flat. It took a while for Nichole to see that this time it wasn't Aubrey, it was daddy........who would attempt to talk her ear off or reason her to death or threaten to the point that instead of working for a positive outcome it had the opposite effect. This only happens with daddy, no one else. Oh, she's not always an angel for mom either, but it's typical age 6 kid stuff. Unfortunately daddy has yet to see he is the issue, so mommy has to swoop in and take over before Aubrey reaches full blown melt down. These days, daddy gets very limited opportunity for any "real" parenting/discipline.

I didn't curse Katie. She did that to herself. lol

Brandon I thought was going to be a major difficult child for a while. But learning Nana does not tolerate such things and rules are rules are rules (equally for everyone) took a long while but now he's a typical 3 yr old who can share with the best of them most of the time and is now helping me teach Connor the "rules". lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It certainly seems like just yesterday, I'll agree. The time has just flown by. Doesn't quite seem like they every stay little long enough.

I remember caring for Aubrey as a newborn as if I just did it. And yesterday Nana gave her her first crochet lesson. *sigh*