haircut---yikes

K

Kjs

I am tall. Always had long hair. On my way home from a store and decided to get it cut. I just got 12 inches cut off.

Family says it looks good. But you know them...I am not so sure I like it. It is so thick and I have this wave thing going on. Still it is below my shoulders, barely.

I never do things like that. I plan, think about, plan...and I just did it.

Andy

Major changes in hair syles are one of the biggest things that bring out our self consciousness. It is part of the first impression of others. They know us so well as we were, will they be o.k. with our new look? I think the answer will always be "Yes". They like you for who you are not what you look like (well atleast the good ones will).

Getting used to a new hairdo will take several days. Give it a week or two and then revisit it. If you still do not like it, go to a stylist and ask to look at those books to find something else to try. Sounds like you can go a little shorter to find a cut you will like better.

Did you donate the 12 inches for Locks for Love? I think it is a minimum of 12 inches needed?

Congratulations on following through on this impulsive thought. They really are o.k. sometimes - brings out our youthful side - feels like playing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm with Andy. Drastic change takes some getting used to. If in a week or so you find you don't like it, go back and find a style that suits you better.

I'm currently growing out my hair for Locks of Love. I'm close to where I can finally cut it. Good thing as it's starting to drive me crazy. lol

Good for you for doing something impulsive and spur of the moment, and most especially for yourself.

Hugs

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
The one good thing about hair is that it always grows back. Sometimes I just go and have the hairdresser do something radical, cut it short, get a dread lock kinda perm, change the color cause I just need a change. I have gone from almost blond all of my life, to red, to strawberry blond, to some kind of strange looking alburn - right now I am back to my natural haircolor, which I haven't seen since I was about 16 years old - dishwater blond and grey. I had it streaked with blond highlights so the grey blends in. And I feel a perm comming on again cause I don't like this controlled look I am currently sporting :)

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
12 inches? You are a goddess! It's been 8 months since a haircut and I think I've grown maybe 6 inches.

Abbey