Halloween Costumes

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I'm not a big fan of Halloween but over the years have marveled or grimaced at some Halloween costumes.

Here are some of mine, what are some of yours?

Chick Magnet - oversized T-shirt with Barbie dolls attached all over it.

Cereal Killer - oversized T-shirt with little boxes of cereal with plastic knives through the boxes all over it.

Cyclops - The guy was on stilts and was 10' tall. He had on a large mask with one eye, he had on what looked like an animal skin garment and had a stuffed lamb hanging off his belt.

Human Mammogram machine - A guy had a box built around his head with a little tray that said "place breasts here" this one made me grimace!!

Do you dress your pet up?? (no this is not my dog)
upload_2018-10-4_11-18-20.png

newstart

I'm not a big fan of Halloween but over the years have marveled or grimaced at some Halloween costumes.

Here are some of mine, what are some of yours?

Chick Magnet - oversized T-shirt with Barbie dolls attached all over it.

Cereal Killer - oversized T-shirt with little boxes of cereal with plastic knives through the boxes all over it.

Cyclops - The guy was on stilts and was 10' tall. He had on a large mask with one eye, he had on what looked like an animal skin garment and had a stuffed lamb hanging off his belt.

Human Mammogram machine - A guy had a box built around his head with a little tray that said "place breasts here" this one made me grimace!!

Do you dress your pet up?? (no this is not my dog)
View attachment 1067

Ha Ha about the Human Mammogram machine. Growing up we were not allowed to do awful or evil things.
One year I went as a gigantic peacock, my friend made my feathers and they opened up like the size of an outdoor table umbrella.
One year my son went as King Tritan from the Little Mermaid and won first place.
I have a fancy little red riding hood costume.
My daughter has an Egyptian costume that is just beautiful.
Growing up my dad was all about Halloween. He would dress like an ape and scare people.. I would walk all over the place with a pillow case collecting candy, I would walk for miles. One Halloween I went trick or treating with my son. I was dressed in full costume so you could not tell I was an adult. People would say to me 'Why are you trick or treating you must be at least 16 years old, my son would hear this and could not stop laughing.
One of the best costumes was a guy that dressed like a building.

Tanya M

Staff member
Growing up my dad was all about Halloween. He would dress like an ape and scare people..
One year I dressed up as a witch and when the kids would come to our door I open the door and in a very creepy voice say "Yeeeesssssss, what do you want" Most of the kids loved it but there was one little girl who dropped her little pumpkin and took off down the sidewalk screaming!!! Her mother looked at me and said "thanks a lot lady!" I felt terrible.
:1010witch:

Lil

I LOVE Halloween! I love dressing up in costumes. It seems that I used the same one for years, with variations. In law school I made myself a black dress that had long tatters hanging from the skirt (which ended in a modest knee length V and after that it was tattered to the floor) and long tatters hanging from the sleeves - almost like wide fringe. Anyway, I paired that with a witches hat and broom and was a witch for the bar-hopping. That dress was re-worn for years with various modifications and somehow kept getting sluttier by the year. The fringe got higher, the very modest V neckline got lower! I painted all the fringe with red glitter and it became a vampire dress. Eventually the neck was so low I had to sew it to a strapless bra to keep it up.
:uphere:

Yeah, I was a tad risqué in my youth. LOL That was the last year I wore it. I ran across a polaroid my friend took of me back in the day - I was hot!

One year I made a totally politically incorrect indian (native American) outfit that I actually won a costume contest with. NOT risqué at all! I wore that again when my son was little - he was a cowboy.

My favorite after I was past my unseemly youth was a couples costume Jabber and I did. He was a corpse - with a BIG knife through his back and sticking out the front of his shirt. I was a "merry widow" in a long black dress and veil and just dripping in jewels - every faux diamond and emerald I could find. I went around working into the conversation how my husband died of "natural causes."

A few years ago I was medusa. I got some rubber snakes and worked them into my hair and wore a long green Greek chiton.

I once saw a guy who wore a cardboard table on his shoulders, with an alarm clock stuck to it and a lampshade on his head. He was a One Night Stand.

Tanya M

Staff member
I once saw a guy who wore a cardboard table on his shoulders, with an alarm clock stuck to it and a lampshade on his head. He was a One Night Stand.
I was at a party one year and there were 2 guys that had this same costume. Very clever.

Lil, all your costumes sound great. What a great imagination.

I love the flying monkey dog costumes.

BusynMember

Halloween never excited me much even as a kid. I dont dress up but always have had candy though.

This year me and hub are going out to avoid it. My more fav holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas are on the way. Maybe we will go out to eat or visit Jumper. We are not party goers.

Halloween in my opinion is not what it used to be. Due to safety concerns my grand goes to shopping malls to trick or treat and there are only two hours you can go.

AppleCori

My first husband once wore a trench coat and had on pants (or was it shorts) underneath with the end of a stocking leg sticking out of the zipper. He would occasionally “flash” people (not kids) at the party. It looked kinda realistic, because it happened so quick.

He would also dress as a scarecrow and sit in a chair off to the side of the front porch and was very still, so everyone thought he was just a prop. When older kids came to the door, he would suddenly jump up and scare them.

I had a date once that wore an empty Bud Lite 12-pack cardboard box on head, but I can’t remember what else he wore or what he was attempting to be.

Last year a kid of about 8-10 years old came to our house trick-or-treating dressed as a “pimp” with gold chains and all. The parents were with him, and I was a bit surprised that they were OK with it.

BusynMember

I seriously am shocked at what parents do with their kids these days. A pimp???

I am not one to pine for the "good old days" but this crazy permissiveness and lack of morality some parents have creeps me out. The choice of costume says a lot about the parent(s).

I want to add that I am sick to death of politician mock costumes for anyone. The last election did me in about politics. I havent watched the news since. Dont need to see a distorted Trump, Hillary or Obama on Halloween on a kid or adult. Ick!!

Lil

My ex and I once went out as pimp and hooker...only I was the pimp. I wore my hair pulled up under my pimp hat, a man's suit and tie and long coat and a fake mustache. He wore a platinum Marilyn Monroe wig, a zebra striped dress, fishnet hose (with another pair under then to keep the hair from poking through since he refused to shave). He wore my red stilleto heels.. one of the few times my huge feet came in handy. We suffed his bra with water balloons for jiggle and padded his hips and butt. We even glued on long fake nails. He actually fooled a few guys! It's one of my only pleasant memories of him.