Hannah Montana

F

flutterbee

difficult child LOVES Hannah Montana and found out that she will be in town in December and difficult child wants to see the show. I figured it would make a nice Chrismas present, so I had her look up where she will be playing and ticket prices.

Cheapest seats...the ones waaaaayyyy in the back...are $144 EACH. Floor seats are $642. :smile:

Now, when Barbara Streisand was here, she was demanding those kinds of prices...but Hannah Montana?!! (I thought it was outrageous for Babs, too, myself.)

Is there something wrong with me or is it just absolutely ridiculous that parents would shell out that kind of money for their kids to go to this show...that is probably lip synched?

Of course, difficult child is now angry with me because I told her there was no way I was paying that much money to take her. Even if money were no object, I just cannot imagine paying that kind of money for something like that.

Are you KIDDING ME with those prices??

There is a tour coming to Chicago, with Corbin Bleu, Drake Bell, and a couple other girls, and I tinkered with the idea of taking her.

Never mind!

donna723

Where did you look to get those ticket prices? There is one show that is scheduled for Nashville that sold out in just a few minutes. The article in the newspaper said tickets were RE-selling for those prices on places like eBay, but for the lucky ones who got there first, they were MUCH less ...

This is from the <u>Nashville Tennessean</u> -

" ... that tickets are still available at online auction sites but at high prices. Face values range from $23.50 to $63.50, but on eBay on Monday afternoon, many seats were being bid on for more than $300. Ticketmaster's "Premium Seat Auction" is taking bids on floor seats for more than $700 a pop."

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
If this show comes to town kt will want to go - no way can I afford those types of prices. I fear that my ktbug will be let down in a very big way!

Oh well - this is life.

DammitJanet

Well I just checked out prices for seeing the Wiggles for Keyana...guess she wont be seeing them either. What a crock!

DammitJanet

found them on ticket master for hannah montana
Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Tour
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
Tue, Dec 11, 2007 07:00 PM
Look For Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Tour Tickets

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

1. Tickets may not be on sale yet.
2. Tickets may not be available at this time. More tickets may become available later.
3. Tickets may not be available online just hours before an event occurs.
4. On rare occasions, tickets may only be available at ticket outlets or the box office.

Benefits of an account:

* Faster checkout
* Access to TicketAlerts®

Event Details

* - Seating Chart
* - Directions
* - Parking

E-mail this Event to a Friend E-mail this Event to a Friend

US $26.00 - US $56.00

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 09/15/07 10:00 AM EDT
Get a Text Message Reminder Get a Text Message Reminder

HANNAH MONTANA
SPECIAL GUEST JONAS BROS
MILEY CYRUS
NATIONWIDE ARENA
TUE DEC 11 2007 7:00PM

nvts

We went through that with the Wiggles for easy child.

All I can say is: Walt Disney must be rolling in his grave. As soon as they touch something the price goes right through the roof and the average person can't afford to blink! His vision was for children to have a fantasy come true by visiting a world of adventure...yeah, right!

Even a t-shirt from Disney is $3.00 more than anyone elses!

There's a special place in h-e-double hockey sticks for CEO's and Board of Directors members - millions and millions of dollars in salaries and perks, at the expense of a family of 4 who saved for several years to visit a park - so they can stand on line! :grrr:

A pox on them!

Beth

AllStressedOut

I took my daughter to the Go Diego Go live performance. She's 3, so I thought I would want to be as close as possible. So I went online to Ticketmaster.com and selected "best available" for seating. We paid $43 a ticket to sit close, but these weren't even the best seats. The best seats were more centered and came with a goodie bag and they were $53. By the time I paid for "conveniance fees" (what a crock) and tax etc., for just 2 tickets it was about $100. Then we found out the theatre we were seeing it in had parking available for $15 (far away) or $30 (closer, but still far away). I had husband drop us off on the side road and we walked the rest of the way! To top all of this off, I thought at 3 she would be so excited, she loves Dora and Diego. We get there and she isn't even all that amazed. When we talk about her two Dora/Diego experiences (the other was with the costumed people with huge heads at adventure landing $8) she was more excited to tell her story of Adventure Landing then of the live performance. LESSON LEARNED!!!

saving grace

I have been waiting for them to go on sale here in Boston as well, she is coming in December and the tix go on sale 9/29/07, I didnt see those prices when I looked. Were you looking on an offical Ticketmaster site? if its true then Nope not going either.

Grace

F

flutterbee

Thanks, Janet. I don't know what site she went to, but it wasn't TicketMaster, evidently. It had the seating chart and everything...looked like the right place. That's what I get for being tired and letting difficult child look it up.

Looks like ticket prices will range from $26 - $56. That's much better.

donna723

They were just talking about this on the news tonight. Apparently the tickets for the concert here were pretty much gone before they even went on sale online. Apparently the ticket brokers and scalpers buy up almost all the tickets, then jack the prices up to ten times what they paid for them! If they have a way of buying tickets early, then reselling them or putting them up for bid on eBay, they're making a HUGE profit! That's who's getting rich here! And the only kids who get to see the shows are the ones whose parents can shell out the BIG BUCKS for the tickets. That's sad!

If it's illegal to sell a baseball ticket outside the stadium for anything more than face value, how is this legal?

F

flutterbee

I don't see how it can be legal.

I was wondering how that site difficult child went to was offering tickets for sale when they don't go for sale with TicketMaster until Sept. 15.

AllStressedOut

Computer programmers are amazing with things like this. There are programs created to auto purchase immediately when tickets go on sale. This is why many sites now require you to fill in a hidden code. The problem is, many programmers are coming up with ways around those too. I'm not sure if the way around the code is in the computer program or if they have an alert set up for a human to type in the code when the alert goes off. Anytime there is money to be made, there are people who can figure out how to make it even more profitable.

sandysmith34

Computer programmers are amazing with things like this. There are programs created to auto purchase immediately when tickets go on sale. This is why many sites now require you to fill in a hidden code. The problem is, many programmers are coming up with ways around those too. I'm not sure if the way around the code is in the computer program or if they have an alert set up for a human to type in the code when the alert goes off. Anytime there is money to be made, there are people who can figure out how to make it even more profitable.

great tips. I enjoyed reading this