Happy 4th of July Weekend

Lil

It's a holiday here at least. :D

It's POURING down rain! Jabber and I are driving down to the land anyway...maybe it'll stop. He's working Sun and Mon...so we have to get our holiday on rain or shine today. I'm planning on going to my office Monday...and maybe watching fireworks from there. I'm right next to the capital so should have a good view.

The son is out with friends and has a job interview Monday! Grocery store. Pray this weekend, k?

May you all have a have a happy, safe, and most of all peaceful, weekend!

BusynMember

Driving, with dogs on lap, to Chicago for granddaughters birthday. Yes, the fogs are coming with

Jumper boyfriend and sonic are somewhere behind us.

This dog needs a diet.

KTMom91

It is hot. Still over 100, and it doesn't even cool down at night. Son #2's air conditioner broke yesterday, and no one can come out until Wednesday. Hubby went over to see what he could do.

We have no plans for the holiday weekend. I need to finish my Islam course, because Hinduism starts on Tuesday. But instead, I'm surfing the Web and eating pretzels and drinking iced tea. The cats are sprawled all over the kitchen floor, and Buddy is in his spot under the table.

We finished grocery shopping this morning and I'll do laundry at night. I refused to go into the hot kitchen last night, so Hubby got pizza. Leftover pizza tonight. Maybe I'll cook on Sunday.

Wishing everyone a pleasant and peaceful day!

InsaneCdn

Ummm... the holiday was yesterday. :D
To all our Canadian members... happy Canada Day.

And good wishes to our American friends on their Independence Day, which comes three days later.

I work for a multi-national company. They might as well have given all of us a four day weekend. Half the crew was gone Friday - so we didn't get much accomplished. And the other half is gone Monday, so that will be the same kind of day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sunday now. We are in Michigan for the holiday weekend and bringing back two of our great -nephews for the week! This morning we had a lovely walk along the lake. We are being blessed with beautiful weather. Now I only have to get rid of my hacking cough.

Scent of Cedar *

The son is out with friends and has a job interview Monday! Grocery store. Pray this weekend, k?

Oh, that's such great news, Lil! With all my heart, I hope he does get it, and that he actually likes it. After that job walking the hot sidewalks, a grocery store with seem like heaven. Varied too, unless he is cashiering. Prayers definitely going up for him and for you two, also.

Ummm... the holiday was yesterday. :D
To all our Canadian members... happy Canada Day.

Happy Canada Day, IC!

:canadaday:

Now I only have to get rid of my hacking cough.

Feel better, Wiped Out.

We are hosting tomorrow so I will be cooking today. It will be fun, and our weather is predicted to be 82 and sunny. All is very well with all of us and I am happily anticipating. Let's see...I posted about that little mix up I made with the Weed & Feed. The gardens are doing alright, the plants holding their own so well that a deer came and ate the tastiest looking hostas.

For heaven's sake.

I've seen her here before, in the mornings. The prettiest little doe, and she looks right into my eyes when she sees me. I knew she would eat the hostas eventually because someone always does. But I was hoping for after the 4th.

Also, saw a mother racoon with one baby this morning. She was not afraid of me either, and I don't know what is the deal with the wild animals around here.

No further visits from the bear.

Live is good.

:O)

Cedar

:canadfireworks:

:4thbouquetsmily:

Lil

Went and picked blackberries on our property yesterday. It's a little early, only got about 2quarts, but will probably go next weekend for more. Darn Japanese Beetles are eating them! I hope they don't do too much damage. Luckily there's a lot of briars. Today I'm making chicken stock from bones. Jabber is at work. In about to go shopping then home for cooking and laundry. Tomorrow will go to the office and check out the 4th celebration.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.