Happy Birthday difficult child 2!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My youngest son turns 12 in exactly one hour 33 minutes!

It's ironic that the child whose birth was the smoothest (no pain medications and spent most of transition in the shower in my hospital room), who was the easiest baby, nursed the best of my three, and was a delightful toddler, yet became the quirkiest preschooler (because of sensory issues) and most neurochemically imbalanced of the bunch! He is the only one to have had behavior citations, in-school and out-of-school suspensions (once for having a knife). He is the only one who has been deliberately ostracized at school by his peers.

But for all the grief I've felt for him, I also feel the warmest connection with him for some reason. He is the most open with his feelings, the most giving of his self, and the most empathetic of my three. He has a HUGE heart.

We got him a new bike for his birthday, and easy child went out with me tonight to pick out something for her and difficult child 1 to give him tomorrow. He wants to have our family's "traditional" birthday kid dinner at.... Chuck E. Cheese's tomorrow night (ugh). He's invited his cousins and some kids from school to go bowling on Sunday -- it will be interesting to see who comes this year. He's not very well liked by his peers. Mostly tolerated, I'm sad to say (I think the social skills class came a few years late -- the damage at this school has already been done).

Anyway, he's excited about tomorrow and wants me to wake him up and turn his DS Lite on first thing for him -- apparently it wishes you a Happy Birthday on that day when you've programmed it in :)

Happy birthday to difficult child and kudos to a Warrior Mom for another year of accomplishment!

Hopefully Chuck E. Cheese's won't be too bad :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
HAPPY BIRTHDAY To you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUuuuuuuuuuuuu

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR YOUNGEST OF GCV's KIDS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOO YOUuuuuuuuuuu

(ya know those coyotes? They are ALL howling now)

B

bran155

HAPPY BIRTHDAY difficult child!!!!!

I hope all goes well at Chuck E. Cheese, and that he has a good time on Sunday bowling. Let us know how much fun he has and how many strikes he gets!!! :)